Charger Clutch bearing replaced..... 5 hrs later similar symptoms. Any Advice???

I currently have just over 100 hrs on my 08' SHO and it just recently had the clutch bearing replaced at the dealer under warrantee THANKFULLY! Anywhow I brought it back to the dealer today w the same symptoms going on. Sometimes boosting others not. This is especially evident when continually pumping the throttle. The first squeeze no issues and then after that forget it I have to wait a few extra moments and then may get a good response. As for top speed it is very random as to when it will open up.
    I'm trying to give the dealer as much info as possible as they have not been the quickest in the past to diagnose. It took them two weeks just to figure out the clutch bearing went originally. On their behalf there arent any codes stored in the computer for a malfunctioning supercharger. Any help is much appreciated.

Sounds like the clutch was not installed properly

And.. they took you for about 2 hours labor
    Last edited by SHOBiz; 07-15-2010 at 06:16 PM.

+1
    Do you know if they originally replaced just the sprag clutch or did they replace the entire clutch assembly? If not find out. Do you have a copy of the work order? If you can post that we can tell just from looking at the part numbers used.

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Do you know if they originally replaced just the sprag clutch or did they replace the entire clutch assembly? If not find out. Do you have a copy of the work order? If you can post that we can tell just from looking at the part numbers used.
    Yes I believe they replaced the entire assembly.... Here's whats on the Repair Order from the dealer.... 1 Gear Unit Assembly Tach, 1 Gasket, 4 O-rings, 4 Gaskets...... The tech spent 5 hrs doing the job but did not have to pull the motor. He used mirrors and other tricks so he didnt have to remove the motor

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by coachfarnen View Post
    Yes I believe they replaced the entire assembly.... Here's whats on the Repair Order from the dealer.... 1 Gear Unit Assembly Tach, 1 Gasket, 4 O-rings, 4 Gaskets...... The tech spent 5 hrs doing the job but did not have to pull the motor. He used mirrors and other tricks so he didnt have to remove the motor
    Wow. It take about 5 minutes to diagnose if the sprage is toast.

Parts list looks correct, but 5 HOURS labor?

Pull off your air intake and reach in carefully and see if your SC wheel is spinning in one direction or two. If it spins both directions the clutch is shot. if it only spins in one direction I would check to make sure you hoses are on and tight.

Thread Information