Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Sea-Tow experiences

Has anyone ever used Sea Tow before?? Seems if you not a member they can be pretty pricey.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Has anyone ever used Sea Tow before?? Seems if you not a member they can be pretty pricey.
    Sea tow sucks brother, Just like most auto tow company's. They will kick you when your down at the worst time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Sea tow sucks brother, Just like most auto tow company's. They will kick you when your down at the worst time.
    I've heard that and we didn't hire them. All my friends offered to go get the boat and bring it back to the ramp But FWC insisted on Sea Tow since it was a current investigation. Wouldn't let it go until we could provide title etc., but by then it was in Sea Tow's custody until we pay the full bill. It was more important to my family to see if I was going to keep my leg. Won't even let me have my truck keys or new camera I never used yet.

They fought the first day until 12 midnight. Second day until 7:30 PM. All they had to do was drag it to the water and ride it back.

+1
    wow sounds like some crazy shit.

+1
    Your FWC dudes up there are pricks.

On K River, they are really nice, IF you ever see them and I only have seen them once and that was opening of hunting season when they were checking on what was coming in.

They have Sea-Tow on the River? Yes, they are pricey. Surprised Patrick couldn't tow the boat back.

+1
    All towing operations are pricey if you do not have a subscription with them. Towboat US and Seatow are the two in my area. I paid around 130.00 for a full year of coverage. Free towing and some other perks included. Piece of mind IMO.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    Your FWC dudes up there are pricks.

On K River, they are really nice, IF you ever see them and I only have seen them once and that was opening of hunting season when they were checking on what was coming in.

They have Sea-Tow on the River? Yes, they are pricey. Surprised Patrick couldn't tow the boat back.
    FWC called SEATOW in from St Cloud. Patrick wanted to get it along with a dozen other friends but FWC wouldn't let them and said it was part of a crash investigation. With all the people out there FWC failed to give them GPS coordinates so SEATOW spent the better part of 2 days looking for it. Very dissapointed on how they handled everything and it doesn't even look like they talked to the airboaters that caused all of this. Jetskiers are the enemy up here in their eyes.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    FWC called SEATOW in from St Cloud. Patrick wanted to get it along with a dozen other friends but FWC wouldn't let them and said it was part of a crash investigation. With all the people out there FWC failed to give them GPS coordinates so SEATOW spent the better part of 2 days looking for it. Very dissapointed on how they handled everything and it doesn't even look like they talked to the airboaters that caused all of this. Jetskiers are the enemy up here in their eyes.
    Why doesn't that surprise me.

Then FWC can paid the fricking bill. Yeah, right.

+1
    Yeah, it can get real expensive. I've never used Sea Tow, but I think I remember the rates from Tow Boat US being ~$100/hr if you didn't have a membership when I had my sailboat towed...and that was 10 yrs ago. They also charge you for the time it takes them to get to you, so hopefully they don't try & charge you for all the time they spent searching & the trip over from St. Cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    Why doesn't that surprise me.

Then FWC can paid the fricking bill. Yeah, right.
    No shit...or how about the guy who caused the accident.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Yeah, it can get real expensive. I've never used Sea Tow, but I think I remember the rates from Tow Boat US being ~$100/hr if you didn't have a membership when I had my sailboat towed...and that was 10 yrs ago. They also charge you for the time it takes them to get to you, so hopefully they don't try & charge you for all the time they spent searching & the trip over from St. Cloud.

No shit...or how about the guy who caused the accident.

Oh they did, trust me. The bill is more then what it would take to put another conversion together for Carrie.

Have had a few PMs today from forum members about their horror stories too. Some were just a few miles away and was over $1500. Seems if your not a member of SEATOW and FWC is involved, you might as well kiss your ski goodby.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information