Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sea-Tow

+1

Sea-Tow

Has anyone ever used Sea Tow before?? Seems if you not a member they can be pretty pricey.

+1
    i'm now a member....used them once for the jet boat.....was very pricey(around $400 for 2 1/2 hr tow!!) I joined the next day!!

I ride solo alot,just one tow and it pays for itself.whats very cool for me is they cover the ski and the jetboat for one annual fee.

I've used them once since i joined....was nice not having to pay out of pocket,but it did take them around 90 minutes to arrive(on the weekends they get slammed)

Another option is Boatus,i've actually heard they're better than sea-tow

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Has anyone ever used Sea Tow before?? Seems if you not a member they can be pretty pricey.
    love em,,
    if you get the gold/captain card it covers borrowed/rented/multiple boats its great

+1
    I'm not a member but my watercraft insurance covers towing up to $500 , so if you have to tow back, just get a receipt and submit for reimbursment.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    I'm not a member but my watercraft insurance covers towing up to $500 , so if you have to tow back, just get a receipt and submit for reimbursment.
    $500 wouldn't have come close to covering what they wanted for Carrie's ski. After 2 weeks of pleading, crying, calling BBB, involving local news media etc., she got it down to $1500. Also got a nice new hole in the side by the Fl numbers from what looks like a forklift.

+1
    that sounds crazy... that amount of money for a tow? how long did they tow it for? and what do they use to tow it? ive never heard of sea-tow untill i read dukes thread.. when ever i break down or run out of gas or what not ether some one on the lake is willing to help you out... or the police boat will tow you back free of charge.. and happy to do so.. but they will make fun of you for running out of gas

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryandi2 View Post
    that sounds crazy... that amount of money for a tow? how long did they tow it for? and what do they use to tow it? ive never heard of sea-tow untill i read dukes thread.. when ever i break down or run out of gas or what not ether some one on the lake is willing to help you out... or the police boat will tow you back free of charge.. and happy to do so.. but they will make fun of you for running out of gas
    They used an airboat and the distance was about 6 or 7 miles. I had no choice since FWC called them. Any one of my friends would have put it back in the water and rode it back if they would have been allowed.

+1
    This whole thing blows. Glad to see your doing ok Duke. Maybe I missed something but why would they not allow someone to ride it back to a launch.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    sounds really fishy to me. i know some people have had 4-600 tow bills, but 1200+! and they damaged the ski? i would certainly try to file a claim for the damage, although they will probably say that it was a result of the accident.

the more i think about this the more it sounds like there is a crooked cop involved in this incident. . .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    This whole thing blows. Glad to see your doing ok Duke. Maybe I missed something but why would they not allow someone to ride it back to a launch.
    FWC said it was part of a crash investigation. Total BS.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information