Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up World Finals at LHC Arizona & the new Ultra 250X

I live in Fort Mohave, AZ which is about a 1 hour drive away from LHC, AZ. They had a Blue & Red Ultra 250X on display and I spend quite a long time talking with Chris Fletcher who is the DM of the Western Region for Kawasaki. He told me the bone stock Ultra 250X is quite a bit faster out of the hole than a stock SD RXP; he would not commit to how fast the top end was on a stock 250X though. I heard rumor from an old friend that has connections with Kawasaki that if you remove some SC restrictor plate that the ski will easily do 70 mph stock. I also ran into Jerry while at the World Finals and he said that he just might buy his wife a 250X (you know that is just an excuse so that he can play with her ski). I have both a 2004 RXP & a 2004 15F and I really enjoy my 15F over the RXP. I have done a few things to the 15F and I can beat a stock SD RXT in both acceleration & top speed. The Kawasaki DC manager said that the Ultra 250X should be in the dealer showrooms sometime in late Febuary or early March of 2007; can't wait to get me one of those pretty Blue ones!

+1
    What mods do you have on your 15f? How fast is it? I'd like to get me a blue Ultra 250 as well

I have not as yet either measured the speed with a radar gun or GPS unit but have raced stock SD RXT's and can do a # on them pretty well. I have an R&D rideplate, an Impros Scat-Trak 13/19 impeller done to James Crone specs (what ever they are) Stage III by Impros, one set colder plugs, stock intake grate with center bar removed, second water box removed & a cold air custom intake system that I would be glad to sent photos of if you can sent me your personal e-mail address.

+1
    my email is [email protected]. I'd like to see any pics you have of your ski. How loud is your exhaust? I plan to do mine next. I read a lot of James' posts on pwctoday.com. It sounds like he put a lot of time into these 15f's and had some really good write ups. Too bad he's not around anymore or I would have used his help to mod my ski.

+1
    Whatever happen to James, no web site or anything else.......

James Crone is not in the business anymore. I wouldn't deal with this guy as he has had issues with customers in the past.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 1500 View Post
    I have not as yet either measured the speed with a radar gun or GPS unit but have raced stock SD RXT's and can do a # on them pretty well. I have an R&D rideplate, an Impros Scat-Trak 13/19 impeller done to James Crone specs (what ever they are) Stage III by Impros, one set colder plugs, stock intake grate with center bar removed, second water box removed & a cold air custom intake system that I would be glad to sent photos of if you can sent me your personal e-mail address.
    How much faster is you 15F than a stock 15F? I ask this becuase my wifes stock RXT eats stock 15Fs for lunch.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Compwhiz82 View Post
    James Crone is not in the business anymore. I wouldn't deal with this guy as he has had issues with customers in the past.
    I think you should talk to Way2Fast about James Crone!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    How much faster is you 15F than a stock 15F? I ask this becuase my wifes stock RXT eats stock 15Fs for lunch.
    An impeller, ride plate, and air filter will typically get 65 mph top speeds. James had a stage 1 package that would go 66-67 and the stage 2 did 68. His stage 2 did 0-50 in 3.0 seconds. I've read his posts and following the stage 2 recipe with a few different tweaks. It sounds like some guys had some issues with him but he's had the best info and write ups on the 15f that I've seen yet.
    Last edited by AaronC; 10-11-2006 at 06:49 PM.

Phil, I can hole shot at least one to one & half ski lengths against a bone stock RXT and hold than length for as long as you want to race straight line on smooth water conditions. I would guess that my 15F is running at least 66 mph? James Crone said that his 15F ski's would run in the 66 to 67 mph speed with almost the same parts that I tried to duplicate on my ski.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information