+1

Anyone got the balls to run the C20x S/c wheel??

As stated above^^^^^^^

20psi @ 9000rpm = Yummy

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1534
    Last edited by RichieFZR; 07-14-2010 at 12:38 AM. Reason: link

+1
    Not I.

you need more than just big balls you need deep pockets to fix whatever breaks first at 9000 that motor might just go

+1
    Thats crazy power!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieFZR View Post
    Thats crazy power!!!!
    That's true Richie, a lot of power.

However there are a number of issues to be considered before "bolting" one of these on:
    1. Are you going to run 9000 rpm without valve retainers, heavy duty pistons and rods.
    2. You have to be running a rebooted ecu or a vipec or motec. The later two if you want to do any realtime tuning. And add to that an intercooler, large diameter pump, hull work , etc. etc.
    3. Is the "crazy" hoursepower created with race fuel or pump fuel. Race fuel will cost you $360AUD per tank here in Oz. Or you could rig up a secondary fueltank to feed in when under WOT using a motec or similar.
    4. How long (not if) will the supercharger broonze bushes holdup. You need to check them very regulary to see if they are flogging out. Or the wheel will crash into the housing and there goes your supercharger out for repair.
    5. How long (not if) will the clutch hold up to the extra punishment from a 20 pound wheel as opposed to a 7, 11, 14 or 18 pound wheel in cc racing or even just joy riding.
    6. And the list goes on and on.
    I'm trying not to be a misery guts, just stating that there is a hell of a lot to be considered if you wish to go down this path. I'll be running Arts new wheel (8309rpm @ 18.9psi from previous testing) in a ski soon and it's at user risk only. No comebacks. If shit blows up it's not only time off water but the $$$'s as well.

But mate, when it goes......................it goes hard!!!! And a change of undies is well advised back at the boat ramp. LOL.

Even on a SHO.

Disclaimer: Not ragging on the 20 pound wheel or any claims made on it's performance but just be carefull with the new gear and how your setup will handle it. That's all.
    Last edited by Gunna; 07-14-2010 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Wrong stats

+1
    I agree with everything you have written, and no I'm not going down that path. If anything after the E1 I will look at turbo.

Yes you will Need a built motor. I still think with 1000cc injectors and motec tuned on 98ron you will see 20psi no problems on a built motor. I don't think race fuel is needed to see that psi.

If you run race fuel like c16 on a built motor you will push more then 20psi all depending on the s/c clutch system.

You've got to have big nuts to run this blade!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    That's true Richie, a lot of power.

However there are a number of issues to be considered before "bolting" one of these on:
    1. Are you going to run 9000 rpm without valve retainers, heavy duty pistons and rods.
    2. You have to be running a rebooted ecu or a vipec or motec. The later two if you want to do any realtime tuning. And add to that an intercooler, large diameter pump, hull work , etc. etc.
    3. Is the "crazy" hoursepower created with race fuel or pump fuel. Race fuel will cost you $360AUD per tank here in Oz. Or you could rig up a secondary fueltank to feed in when under WOT using a motec or similar.
    4. How long (not if) will the supercharger broonze bushes holdup. You need to check them very regulary to see if they are flogging out. Or the wheel will crash into the housing and there goes your supercharger out for repair.
    5. How long (not if) will the clutch hold up to the extra punishment from a 20 pound wheel as opposed to a 7, 11, 14 or 18 pound wheel in cc racing or even just joy riding.
    6. And the list goes on and on.
    I'm trying not to be a misery guts, just stating that there is a hell of a lot to be considered if you wish to go down this path. I'll be running Arts new wheel (8309rpm @ 18.9psi from previous testing) in a ski soon and it's at user risk only. No comebacks. If shit blows up it's not only time off water but the $$$'s as well.

But mate, when it goes......................it goes hard!!!! And a change of undies is well advised back at the boat ramp. LOL.

Even on a SHO.

Disclaimer: Not ragging on the 20 pound wheel or any claims made on it's performance but just be carefull with the new gear and how your setup will handle it. That's all.

Not without a shaft and bearings we know will work. No guinea pig here.

Also, machining the housing is a commitment when no one is providing a replacement without buying the entire unit. So, in the future go to a 22psi wheel that may not need housing machining and you are out of luck.

Thread Information