Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

FZS or FXSHO Undecided looking for help

Im new to the site. I have a kawasaki stx 15f and am looking to get a Yammie. I currently have a Yammie boat and love it. I cant decide between the FZS or FXSHO . I usually ride with my 2 teenage daughters on the ski but i occasionally get out on my own and like to tear it up with my thumb to the bar. Is there a huge difference in the handling of the two . Would i be able to go fast in rough chop on the FX or is it like trying to navigate a bathtub. Has anyone driven both ? Im looking for some feedback. Thanks

+1
    buddy just bought an fzs and an SHO . . i have an SHO. . i love the ride of the SHO in the chop/ ocean . . . but if you live on a lake or only ride lakes/ rivers . . just stick with an FZS !! . . def. a fun ski to ride !!!

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1
    I went with the SHO as I got a better deal on one last summer when the FZs just came out. Plus I wanted the bigger hull for rough water as the Lakes I ride in usually are choppy. You will love either one IMHO.

both are great! IMHO go with a fz, I have ridden both, and the fz was more fun... depends what you like I guess.

Hi Jeel,
    I've had 2 of each. The FX is the better Ski for off shore riding & in chop. The FZ is way more fun to hoon around on. If you are always going to have passengers then I'd recomment the FXsho. It's a much more stable deck. The FZ tends to roll around a fair bit. Best bet is to go and ride both and see how they feel. Both are brilliant Skis and you wont be sorry either way.

Let us know which way you go...................

If you usually ride with 2 teenage daughters then I would go for the FXSHO.... I love the FZ for single riding but with a passenger or two it tends to bounce / porpoise much more than the FX.
    If you want the extra grunt go the FXSHO but consider the FX HO... with the same 1800cc motor without supercharger... they are great performing machines.
    Best advice is see a dealer and test ... back to back... an FZS & FXSHO with at least 1 passenger on board.
    Its individual but I found the the FZ is good travelling both into waves and off following waves.... the FXSHO is better into waves but not as good off following waves (can submarine more).

Good luck
    Ed

Its better to burn out than fade away christian79's Avatar
    Dude you made it over here...... Welcome to the Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by jeel View Post
    Im new to the site. I have a kawasaki stx 15f and am looking to get a Yammie. I currently have a Yammie boat and love it. I cant decide between the FZS or FXSHO . I usually ride with my 2 teenage daughters on the ski but i occasionally get out on my own and like to tear it up with my thumb to the bar. Is there a huge difference in the handling of the two . Would i be able to go fast in rough chop on the FX or is it like trying to navigate a bathtub. Has anyone driven both ? Im looking for some feedback. Thanks

Hi,

I've also tried both (I have a FZS), and yes, if you ride mostly in chop/offshore, the FX SHO is much more stable and therefore more confortable for your passengers (bounces much less than the FZS). But if you ride in calm waters/lake, the FZS is indeed way more fun.
    As Eds_FRZ said, the best advice it to try both of them (that what I did)

I see you have the 15F, then if you like its playfullness like I did then you will love the FZ, its like the 15F on steroids.
    My mate has the FX and its nice in the chop but we ride mainly out in the surf and my FZ turns way faster and tighter which is more fun when you are carving and jumping waves.
    I find the FZ is good in the chop, maybe a little less comfortable than the FX in straight line but way better than the 15F, I love a workout anyway.
    So for cruising/doubling then maybe the FX.
    For sport/surf and freestyling definatly the FZ hull.
    Ride both if you can,or if you like the 15F but want more comfort,power and not loose the playfullness then the FZ hull is the only way to go.

+1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by christian79 View Post
    Dude you made it over here...... Welcome to the Hulk
    Christian , thanks for the info getting me to this site it seems to be very informative.My 08 STX 15F is currently listed for sale on EBAY and as soon as i sell it i will be getting the FXSHO. Once my wife heard the FX had cruise assist and a no wake mode it was a no brainer which ski i would get(we have about 10 mins of no wake riding before we hit open water) Any idea what the top speed is stock out of the box ?THanks again

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information