Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1

To grate or not to grate!

Jesus Lord! What have I done!

The ski was running awesome today! I could not believe it!......All day wa runnning fine 7900rpms left and right!

It did not last!! Dammit

All of a sudden I feel like a bump, and rpms go down to like 7600 for a few seconds....I had passed an unavoidable bed of sea weed so I figured it was that. I get on the water to clear it out....but there was nothing to clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The intake Grate was GONE!!!!!!!!! PHUCK!!!!

After that....the ski was running fine.....I was so pissed off I kept beating the chit out of it and it ran a constant 7900 rpms no problem! What the hell!

Then it started idleing like crap again and would sometimes not start! I cleaned the key and all of a sudden it worked again....then idle like crap again....

WTF is going on!!!!

Someone mentiones something about a sensor that might be bad if water got in it....which one was it?

Otherwise My guess is the TB mis-aligned or the fuel pump or something....

I will take it to PPG and have them fix what they phucked up in the begining and I lost the damn intake grate now!

+1
    Geo, the slightest bit of water in the intake will foul new plugs....Change them again. Also DO NOT keep riding without the intake grate, you can lose control without warning, and get thrown, or worse! you might even take on water through a grate bolt hole

P.s. I told you to take it back to them...lol

My buddys '05 RXT spun 2 inserts in the ride plate when we put on his Riva grate, tehy are a weak spot, IMO.

+1

Question

Never tried it with boat or ski but why would you lose control? No way do these things make enough power fro "prop steer" I would think.

+1
    I dont know man, I was riding the crap out of it and it ran fine. I already purchased another riva intake from Jerry, hopefully I'll have it soon this week so I can try it out since I have a ride planned for this Friday. As far as the plugs being f'ed again I dont know. I think Im gonna send the TB for the big bore to take care of the rust on the round plate and then take it to the stealership for the re-alignment.

I dont get it though, why would it run perfect all day and then all of a sudden run like crap, then good again then crap......

+1
    Water in tank would do as described.

+1
    How would water get in there though? It sputters sometimes then it does not.

The other day that happened I still had the same fuel in the tank. I have gone through probably a tank full and still does the same.

Would water get in the tank by doing donuts and messing around with it? It did start to do it a while after I busted a couple of donuts and the front of the ski went in the water .......

+1
    Damn Geo Your luck just isnt going your way bro..I would trade that Phucker in and start over before you end up with more B.S.

Snoman

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Damn Geo Your luck just isnt going your way bro..I would trade that Phucker in and start over before you end up with more B.S.

Snoman
    I wish it were that easy man....Now I think my rideplate needs replacement!

+1

Thumbs up

Water can get in fuel from the gas station. Ever since Katrina this is more evident all over the country. U.S. government leased restictions on fuel additives so there is no watchdog scrutinizing refinement as much as pre-Katrina. Don`t buy Shell. Everytime I get it in my Jeep it sputters and my mileage sucks. Chevron for me without skiping a beet. The best thing to do is run your tank almost bone dry before refueling. You could also dump some rubbing alcohol (the whole bottle) and this will mix with water molecules to be burnt through motor. The stuff you buy from Auto parts stores to do this is the same thing. Read the back label,,,you got it,,isoprophyl alcohol. Quick shop tip that general public doesn`t know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information