Thread: R2 Reflash

R2 Reflash

What risks are there with having the ecu reflashed? What i'm wondering is can the stock valve train withstand the jump in rpms? Will i need to run a powershot with this? If i don't need it for the reflash, how about when i upgrade the sc wheel? Sorry for all the questions everybody, I just want to know how far i can mod this ski before i have to start worrying about reliability. As alwals any info is greatly appreciated.

+1
    Yes, the stock valve train can handle it with no problem.

If you run a stock supercharger or low boost upgrade then you can get by without a powershot.
    If you run big boost such as with C5 or Riva E1 then it's best to have the powershot.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Yes, the stock valve train can handle it with no problem.

If you run a stock supercharger or low boost upgrade then you can get by without a powershot.
    If you run big boost such as with C5 or Riva E1 then it's best to have the powershot.
    I was under the impression that with a B-1 or C-3 S/C wheel ( 12-13 psi wheels) you needed a powershot also! Am I correct on this? Tommy Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    I was under the impression that with a B-1 or C-3 S/C wheel ( 12-13 psi wheels) you needed a powershot also! Am I correct on this? Tommy Jordan

I know first hand you need the powershot to get all of the boost from the C3

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    I know quite a few guys running the R2 reflash with C3 and not using a powershot.
    I even know some that are running the E1 with R2 and no powershot but they are using a RRFPR to adjust fuel pressure to obtain optimum AFR at WOT.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    I know first hand you need the powershot to get all of the boost from the C3
    You need the powershot to get full boost from the C3 when using the stock ECU.
    the powershot moves the boost limiter up to 10 psi

Boost limiter function is removed in the R2 reflash. Powershot used with R2 has no control over boost functions. Powershot when used with the reflash is only for fuel tuning adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I know quite a few guys running the R2 reflash with C3 and not using a powershot.
    I even know some that are running the E1 with R2 and no powershot but they are using a RRFPR to adjust fuel pressure to obtain optimum AFR at WOT.

You need the powershot to get full boost from the C3 when using the stock ECU.
    the powershot moves the boost limiter up to 10 psi

Boost limiter function is removed in the R2 reflash. Powershot used with R2 has no control over boost functions. Powershot when used with the reflash is only for fuel tuning adjustments.
    That's what I get for not reading the thread and only the last post. I should have realized it with the thread title being....

Thread Information