+1

400 Mile Trip on the FXSHO Cruiser

Hey everyone. Just wanted to try to get some pointers before I take out on a 400 mile adventure on my 08 SHO Cruiser with 43 hours on it. The ski is running awesome and its completely stock. We are going to ride 100 miles one day and then another 200 on day two and the third day will take us home 100 or so miles. The only thing I dont like is my ski will stay in the water Friday, Sat night at the dock and I have never left it in the water over night. I have always flushed it. Will it be ok since its the Chesapeake Bay here on the eastcoast. Also, if you guys want check out the ride and if anyone is close, come join us. http://easternpariverrunners.org/

+1
    i have left my ski in the water (salt water) for a week before (did this ever year for 3 years) while i was holidaying and it had over 330 hours when i sold it without problems
    i used to tie it up to a pontoon, and it was out of the water when the tide went out
    i would sugest you get an auxilary fuel tank to make the distance less of a worry fuel wise

kev

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobold View Post
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to try to get some pointers before I take out on a 400 mile adventure on my 08 SHO Cruiser with 43 hours on it. The ski is running awesome and its completely stock. We are going to ride 100 miles one day and then another 200 on day two and the third day will take us home 100 or so miles. The only thing I dont like is my ski will stay in the water Friday, Sat night at the dock and I have never left it in the water over night. I have always flushed it. Will it be ok since its the Chesapeake Bay here on the eastcoast. Also, if you guys want check out the ride and if anyone is close, come join us. http://easternpariverrunners.org/
    Nevermind, I just read the details on the website further. I'm going to PM you about registering for the Saturday DC ride.

Good luck on your ride, have fun!

Thread Information