Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thinking of Trading

Newb here with a few questions. Yes I did use the search function. lol jk I have a 02 Yamaha XLT 1200 with Riva II Kit, 133 hours on it. Looking to upgrade.

Found a dealer with a new left over 2008 FX Sho. Going there friday to test drive. Might be a little more than what I wanted to spend. Salesman said they are like 13,??? something new, but they had around 3,000 marked off. I said oh really. He then checked, said it was a little higher than he thought. Now the price is 11,??? something.

How much do you think mine is worth, good condition, new battery, double trailer?

And other thing that arises questions, he said had a couple 09 rxp's, rxt for like 10 to 11,000 also. the main thing i want is realiablity and the least amount of trips to get it repaired, cause the nearest dealer is too far. he said they sell more seadoo's. i am going to ask the service tech there, what he works on more.

Another route I can take. Found a used 08 SHo Crusier w/ 49 hours for 8500 to 9000. The only problem here is its from another person, and i would have to sell mine first.

What would you do? Are these prices any good?

thanks in advance
    lew04

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lew04 View Post
    Newb here with a few questions. Yes I did use the search function. lol jk I have a 02 Yamaha XLT 1200 with Riva II Kit, 133 hours on it. Looking to upgrade.

Found a dealer with a new left over 2008 FX Sho. Going there friday to test drive. Might be a little more than what I wanted to spend. Salesman said they are like 13,??? something new, but they had around 3,000 marked off. I said oh really. He then checked, said it was a little higher than he thought. Now the price is 11,??? something.

How much do you think mine is worth, good condition, new battery, double trailer?

And other thing that arises questions, he said had a couple 09 rxp's, rxt for like 10 to 11,000 also. the main thing i want is realiablity and the least amount of trips to get it repaired, cause the nearest dealer is too far. he said they sell more seadoo's. i am going to ask the service tech there, what he works on more.

Another route I can take. Found a used 08 SHo Crusier w/ 49 hours for 8500 to 9000. The only problem here is its from another person, and i would have to sell mine first.

thanks in advance
    lew04
    Which ski you get boils down to preference. I have had 2 XLT's and some 2007 FXHO's and really liked them, I am not super fond of the Sea Doos riding position but its hard to argue with the power and ease of modifications. The FX's rode very similar to the XLT's so I am guessing the SHO wouldn't be too far off. I would think that for the prices they are asking you could get a new FZR of FZS!

As for selling your ski, I would think if it looks good you should be able to get about $4500-5000 for it with a double trailer without too much difficulty. You would actually probably be better putting most of the stock parts back on it to sell it (if you have them) and then have some extra parts to sell because most people looking for an XLT (other than on Greenhulk) could care less about the mods.

Have you thought about a FX HO? Cheaper and no supercharger (one less sophisticated part to have from breaking). Not saying the Yamaha superchargers have problems b/c I dont know, but I remember when the SEA DOOS were breaking superchargers like they were made of glass.

i see the FZR and FZS are starting at 13,100 or so. I would love to have one. I'll have to ask about that friday. How low have heard of them selling for?

I think the 10 or 11,000 for the dealers left over 08 is too high. I mean, geeze 3 years old, still new, and asking 2 grand off brand new FZR and FZS price.

He needs to come down to 9 or 10,000 and give me 5,000 for mine w/ trailer

Ya I guess Im wanting supercharged. I want a big step so i can be happy with it and not want more. hehe ya right! and have it for a while

anybody have anything to say on which is more reliable a Yamaha Sho, Seadoo Rxp , or say a Kawi Ultra 250. Have a Kawi dealer here locally, but they don't sell pwc's, don't know if they could work on them or not.

Here are the used options I'm looking at:

07 RXP 50hrs $6799

08 SHo Crusier 49hrs $9000

09 RXP-X 30hrs $9000

Whatever the dealer has tomorrow

The only prob is getting rid of mine.

60% of the time, it works every time.
    I've seen posts of ppl getting new fzs/r for 10k range (no trailer) during off season. IMO that price seems average for 2010 let alone an 08. Have they given you a price on your trade? I would guess it wouldn't be much. I say, keep your XLT and enjoy the summer, then track down your dream ski during the off season and find a good deal. That's my plan.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lew04 View Post

thanks in advance
    lew04
    I don't have an input on the make, but I would stay away from used if the difference in price is only $1000-2000 compared to new.

Dealer can bite me at $11k for a 3 year old SHO. Try $9k and I might be willing to talk then.

Otherwise, they can just keep it on the showroom floor until hell freezes over

big problems now. took mine up there to get fixed, thought it had water in the carbs, bad fuel, something, just no power and won't go over 4000 rpm. never turned it over

started dealing with them right way or tried i should say. the saleman told me the 13th they would have the 08 Sho Crusier on a trailer and ready to go test drive when i got there. Ya right, p!ssed me off, walked in there, still siting on the stand on showroom floor. ok go find salesman, they were just putting the battery in it and getting ready to put it on a trailer, was going to make sure it started and the remote fobs where gone. they looked for two hours, finally reprogrammed another yamaha's fobs to unlock the sho's. go it started. at this time we had been there 3 hrs dealing and trying to get it going. we was on a time schedule.

they had the 08 sho crusier at 11,800. no trailer. now the trade in. 02 XLT 1200 Riva II Double Trailer. started out 1800 for my ski and trailer. ya right. oh now they have to go off retail on the 08 since there is a trade in. so it was like 13500 minus 1800. Difference 11700. ya f' in right.

or 10599 no trade in, no trailer.

oh now have a 09 rxt still in the box for 10599 also. no trailer.

we went out to get better value on mine, even tho they had not fixed it yet. well we got up to 2500 for my trade in, and went back inside to deal some more. during this time the tech went a did a compression check. and found 110,120, and 0. yes zero. i think my heart stoped for a second. holy sh!t!!!! i thought i had a problem with the carbs, not zero compression on #3. so that threw a wench in the the situation. i apologized to the everyone there, told the i was sorry for wasting there time. because i can't afford the a new ski unless its financed. since i have nothing now.

they said, we won't even think about a trade now. everything was good between us, they knew i didn't know about it, and wasn't trying to screw them.

they said it might not be that bad or it could be a reman engine, for like 2000. they do that stuff in the late summer early fall. so we hooked back up and went home.

they said they can finance me the seadoo for 3.9/36 months or 6.9/60 months. or the yamaha for 3.99/24 months or 5.99/ life of the loan.

so right now i have these new seadoo and yamaha books on my desk, just dreaming. what would you do? would you look at the used 09 RXP-X with 30 hrs and try for 8000

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information