Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best used Jet ski to buy in the $7500-10,000 range

Hello everybody. I was wondering what jet ski you guys would recommend in the $7500-10,000 price range (used). I was thinking of 2008 Sea Doo RXT-X or Kawasaki Ultra 250 or maybe even just an RXT perhaps.....any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

+1
    Get the one with the extended transferrable warranty.

Welcome to the forum. Honestly, you can get probably get a marked down, zero hour 2009 model for around $10K if you shop around. There is no way I would buy an Ultra unless I needed an ocean ski. What kind of water will you be riding in?

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    buy an ultra if you like to make milkshakes with your oil mixed with the gas, oh yeah and they get crappy gas mileage.

I will only be riding in area lakes, never in the ocean. I was leaning toward an RXT or maybe the RXT-X.....any ideas. From what I have heard, the RXT-X gets horrible gas mileage. I'm not worried about the cost of gas....I just don't want to have to fill up after a couple hours of fun. Would the RXT-X be that much faster? I have 2 kids that i would want to take tubing, etc but I would also want to be one of the faster jet skis on the water. Thanks in advance!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckbatts View Post
    I will only be riding in area lakes, never in the ocean. I was leaning toward an RXT or maybe the RXT-X.....any ideas. From what I have heard, the RXT-X gets horrible gas mileage. I'm not worried about the cost of gas....I just don't want to have to fill up after a couple hours of fun. Would the RXT-X be that much faster? I have 2 kids that i would want to take tubing, etc but I would also want to be one of the faster jet skis on the water. Thanks in advance!
    comparing stock skis

RXT-X 255 against an RXT 215. the 255 pulled it 2 lenghts and stayed there, so about the same top speed of 63 mph, just more out of the hole.

Fuel mileage on any of these is a relative thing. You are going to use about 15 GPH at WOT. 215 /255/260.
    I don't see that much difference between my old 215 and my new 260. I ran 68 miles on 14.8 gallons on my 260, so 4.5 mpg.
    Thats about what I used on my 215.

For $10K your choices are pretty unlimited. Buy a 2007/2008 for less and have lots left over for gas.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by zone 5 View Post
    RXT-X 255 against an RXT 215. the 255 pulled it 2 lenghts and stayed there, so about the same top speed of 63 mph, just more out of the hole.
    Those models should both top out faster than 63 mph.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckbatts View Post
    The RXT 215 is an excellent platform, we put over 340 hours (each) on ours and they have been great performers. Just keep them under an extended warranty and you'll be fine.

Keep in mind, the new 2010 models are a LOT different with the brakes and all, you can read my ride review here. Also, be advised some of the 2008-2009 RXT-X models have had problems with cracked pump tunnels. Use the search tool for research. As far as fuel economy, the Ultra is the worst. But the good news is, if you get the Ultra, you can get the optional fuel supply shown here:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Those models should both top out faster than 63 mph.
    steady 63 day in day out, heat soaked or not. Best speed was in November with cold air, and cold water at 67 mph

Bought a new/leftover 2009 Yamaha FZS a couple of months ago for about $10K. Great all-around ski, particularly for that $$$.

thanks

Thanks for all the advise guys. I found a 2008 RXT for $6500 that has 53 hours on it. I would assume this would be a good deal, right? Thanks.i

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information