+1

help deciding ride plate, intake grate, urgency needed on reinforcing pump tunnel

so on my plate for my first batch of mods for my 100 hour stock except for a d plate and chip gp1200r is the following

-pump tunnel reinforcement bought through the greenhulk store, done by following osidebills write up, using the pump shoe brackets, 5200, ect.
    -wave eater clips and springs
    -riva pump seal kit
    -riva top loader intake grate
    -riva performance ride plate
    -hydro turf matts
    -riva bildge pump kit, the standard 115 dollar one with the non handlebar mount switch.

in no order.

now the ski will be coming with me to school and id like to take my time to reinforce the pump tunnel while its winterized and not being used.

i do however have another month or so to ride it, and im pretty sure that riding it without the tunnel reinforced for another month or so of light use is not going to hurt it.

however i would like to do some mods now to cut down on the stuff i have to do over the winter. id like to get rid of some of the cavitation and pick up a mph or two if possible. while getting reliability mods out of the way.

now id like to order a riva racing ride plate and grate. and then seal the pump shoe and reinforce the tunnel over the winter ( as well as doing hydro turf and a bildge system and waveeaters).

is this my best bet as far as a plate/grate combo? some say the r&d plate in the greenhulk store is the best? is it worth it to buy a jims plate? im not being picky about mph here, and im not looking for the best hands down plate ($). and is the riva plate going to do me fine? again im building a reliable and simple turn key gpr here, nothing crazy.

as i read more and more on this forum i find more and more people who ride the hell out of their gpr's while using very stock bolt on parts, and running oil injection and im beginning to think ive been overthinking this.

any objections to adding a riva plate and grate and pump shoe sealer right now? or is it really worth it to reinforce the pump tunnel and seal the shoe right this second.

+1
    since i have no cat what kinda oil should i be running. im still injected too.

+1
    so what else do i need besides some sort of way to heat up the bolts to install the intake grate, plate and shoe seal kit. do i need yamabond or 5200 or anything? blue threadlocker?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fivespeedsteed View Post
    so what else do i need besides some sort of way to heat up the bolts to install the intake grate, plate and shoe seal kit. do i need yamabond or 5200 or anything? blue threadlocker?
    here's one for all the bolts under the skiName:  DisplayImage.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  21.6 KB

+1
    oh cool. i work at advance and know right where that stuff is. im thinking im gonna stay premix a little while longer. flame if you must but ive not heard allot of mikinuki oil pumps failing, and like the convince and how good it is on oil right now. if it fails then i get an excuse to go 1390.

i think im gonna order a plate, grate, and pump shoe seal kit sometime soon. then this winter, pull the pump, do wear ring and impeller, and reinforce the pump tunnel and do hydro turf. then all ill need to be stage one after that is the heads. and ill probably go with a different set than the riva ones anyways.

so is the r&d plate actually better than the riva one? im not spending money on a jims right off the bat. i plan on getting a riva or r&d then one day sending it to jim.

is the riva top loader a good grate?

if i plan on doing 41 or 43 cc heads one day should i stay with the solas concorde impeller in the riva stage one kit or go with a taller one. this ski will be used in warm water allot so im thinking the concord is the way to go. no rush though, i got a good look at mine yesterday and my impeller in theres in great shape

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    here's one for all the bolts under the skiName:  DisplayImage.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  21.6 KB
    and that is all i need besides the parts themselves. no surprise sealants, or anything.

+1
    and that is all i need besides the parts themselves. no surprise sealants, or anything.
    anytime you take out a bolt clean them threads up with a wire brush and or pick, there are a few methods.Clean out the inside threads too,less chance snapping a bolt

+1
    should i really be concerned about getting the tunnel reinforced right away? its something thats been bugging me. riva racing told me its something that i shouldnt need to do until i start going faster than 70 ish. if i put an intake grate, plate, seal the shoe, new wear ring and a 13/19 impeller on this should i be concerned about my pump tunnel?

+1
    should i really be concerned about getting the tunnel reinforced right away? its something thats been bugging me. riva racing told me its something that i shouldnt need to do until i start going faster than 70 ish. if i put an intake grate, plate, seal the shoe, new wear ring and a 13/19 impeller on this should i be concerned about my pump tunnel?

Its one of the weak links of the GPR, bone stockers or slightly modded have been known to crack,at least what I read on GH,highly unlikely to happen to you but neverless good ins.

+1
    good deal. when people add bildge kits, do they remove the stock setup, and run the bildge automatically on start up or are they just there for backup incase you flip it or something?

i think im gonna do the island racing holeshot mod too.

Thread Information