I'm guessing this isnt a part of the stock steering nozzle.... Any clue what it is ?

Well, Ever since i got my ski i have been bothered by a screw that is in the steering nozzle. I have no clue why it is there but I'm guessing that it isnt stock ? can anyone give me some insight? Also is the cone supposed to be flat on the end and not pointed? Mine is flat... Pics below.... I suppose i can just fill the holes and repalce the cone if need be. Help please!!!!! Thanks guys!

+1
    The best option is to get a new metal nozzle for an 08+ SHO. It will bolt right up and costs under $30

+1
    hmm... curious what were the previous intentions of the former owner, some new 'go fast' mod? A second visiblity spout? As a carpenter I put some screws in strange places but that's a first....

Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    hmm... curious what were the previous intentions of the former owner, some new 'go fast' mod? A second visiblity spout? As a carpenter I put some screws in strange places but that's a first....
    you beat me to the punch line dave! I was going toi say it looked like one of your trim mods,...lol...

that`s really weird seeing that selfdriller in there...

Somebody did the "screw you" mod to his ski?

lol, well that cleared up my questions. I mean i never really thought it was doing anything bad so i had left it but i wasnt sure if it was some secret racer trick or just something the previous owner did as a retard move... With the stuff i have seen done to this ski as i have torn it apart every single piece by piece im not shocked at all.... All the surprises are out now since i have gone through everything at this point so im happy knowing that i now have a reliable and properly fixed ski....

I'm going to remove it and fill it in... I'm guessing the hole right above it shouldn't be there either!

no no no shit can that nozzle and get a replacement, that is a week spot and plastic doesnt need anymore reasons to blow apart...

if your stuck on using a plastic nozzle, get one from boats.net they are like 20+ doillars

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyGPR View Post
    no no no shit can that nozzle and get a replacement, that is a week spot and plastic doesnt need anymore reasons to blow apart...
    +1 Andy beat me to it. The plastic ones break with no added holes...bye bye steering
    Get an OEM metal.

Than its an OEM metal on on the shopping list.... I am honestly looking for a GP1300r right now, i just sold my vette and would love to have two skis. I'll find a new steering nozzle and get it on asap. I am trying to get this ski on the water for a camping trip next weekend but I don't think its looking like ill get there since i may have strep throat!!!

Thread Information