Excessive Fuel Consumption?

This issue may or may not be related to my current cylinder problem (see post http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-off-Ultra-150).

I pretty much ran the tank out (was down to the reserve tank) a week ago. I put 10 gals of gas into the machine. Then I ran it for about 30 clock mins on the water before decided to take the ski out due to an unusual high-pitched whining sound from the motor as well as unusual deck vibration on my feet from the ski.

Last night, while doing a compression test, I happened to look at the gas tank reservoir and noticed the level was down way below a quarter tank. This would translate to about a few gallons of gas I would presume.

So there is no way I cosnumed 7-8 gals of gas during my brief 30 clock minute ride the other day.

Can gas just leak out through the cylinders and into the exhaust and out into the water? At the volume during a 30 minute ride?

Or am I missing something here?

The machine does emit a fair bit of blue smoke out the exhaust, but that has been pretty consistent since I bought the machine ("used" but the way).

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks.

+1
    You can't really 'look' at the tank and tell how much fuel it used. However, these things suck gas like crazy when you run them hard. I can burn 25 gallons per day while spending half my time on the beach!

Yea, but what I am talking about is actually burning close to 8 gals in 30 clock mins (maybe 10 jet ski mins at most) while running no more than 20 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra151 View Post
    Yea, but what I am talking about is actually burning close to 8 gals in 30 clock mins (maybe 10 jet ski mins at most) while running no more than 20 mph
    Mine will suck the tank dry in under an hour with my average hard ridding. My range is 70 miles with some cruising at 55-60mph.

Thread Information