Can I premix in the factory gas tank and not in an external can?

Since I bought my gp1200 it has been premix, I normally premix in a 5 gallon can and shake it up before pouring it in. Here lately I have been staying on the water longer and finding the need to fill up at the on water pump. Can I simply pour the measured amount of oil in , fill up with gas then shake the ski?

Jonathan

+1
    I don't recommend this at all.....I would personally buy some extra cans and take gas with you. Your talking about the fluid that keeps that engine allive. I know folks do it...but I do question how effective it is doing this method of mixing your oil properly.

M

That sounds like a feasible idea until you try and put two people and has cans on a gp then try to have any fun

+1
    [QUOTE=Zmydust;1495750]Since I bought my gp1200 it has been premix, I normally premix in a 5 gallon can and shake it up before pouring it in. Here lately I have been staying on the water longer and finding the need to fill up at the on water pump. Can I simply pour the measured amount of oil in , fill up with gas then shake the ski?

I filled up gas tank first and added oil to the correct ratio second for years with no worries on my 2 strokes. Just make sure you rock the ski to mix things up and don't go WOT until it has had a chance to mix.

Simple,fill it up halfway, pour your oil in then fill it up,seems to mix well that way.you do not want to pour your oil in first.you get a good mix doing it this way.just my 2 cents.

Fill it 5 gallons at a time, by watching the pump right there at the gas station. Then add in the right amount of oil for your desired mixture right then and there, and make sure you drive around a bit on your way to the ramp. You will be good.

If you want, you can carry 1-5 gallon can and use this for topping off the last couple gallons after you've added 10 to the tank. Just make sure you also have the right pre-mix in the 5 gallon can at all times.

I would suggest adding your oil first, not last. As the fuel is rushing into the tank it will mix the oil. If you pour the oil in last, how much effective shaking can you actually achieve while on the water? I suppose if the tank is dry, adding a splash of fuel first may be a little more advisable. When I mix gas in my can for lawn equipment and such, I add the oil to my can, take my can to the pump and fill from there. the mixing takes place as it's filling.

There, how do you feel now? You have had about all 3 scenarios from don't do it to oil first to oil second. haha Good luck.

Thread Information