Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: water damage?

water damage?

alright I had some bad luck yesterday with my 04 rxp... The resonator split on me yesterday. I dont know how. I was riding and kind of low on fuel.(2 bars) So I was heading in and then it stalled out. I dont know if it was from being low on fuel or water in the intake or what. When I stalled I looked in the front compartment and there was water half way up the gas tank. I ended up tieing the ski to my buddies boat and towing it to my other buddies house and got it up the ramp and drained the water out. What im wondering now is How much damage did I do to the ski? and how do I tell if I did get water in the engine or the air intake?

+1
    Before you even try to start it, pull all the spark plugs ... then try to turn it over. If water got into the motor, it will shoot out the spark plug holes. Once no more water is shooting out, put the spark plugs back in (always put a little anti-sieze on the threads first), and check the oil. If the oil is milky looking, it needs to be changed. If oil looks OK, then try to start it ... if it starts, run it for no more than 30 seconds, shut it down and check the oil for milkiness again. Report your results here and we can give you next steps needed, if any ... you might be lucky and not have sucked in water maybe ... the exhaust leak alone, if its bad, will shut the motor down, maybe before any water got into the motor ...

sounds good, ill tear it up after work

+1
    Take a look here:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ighlight=water

this is a pretty good guide to getting you back up and running!

Good Luck!

Just went through this thanks to the plastic nut the reverse cable goes through. Anyway. Do all the post ask you to do and I also found that blowing air into the intake manage to get alot of water out of there also.

Bryan

+1

Water can sit in the lower part of the inlet manifold, and needs to be moved if you can asap. It plays havoc with the IAT sensor too.

The angle the ski sits allows water to collect there.

Lift the nose high, and draw the water out. Useful to have an air-gun too, you can blast any water away from inside the ski parts with it. I dont recommend trying to get the IAT out unless you want to replace it though, as it is generally arc welded in the threads!!

Quote Originally Posted by Five 0 View Post
    Just went through this thanks to the plastic nut the reverse cable goes through. Anyway. Do all the post ask you to do and I also found that blowing air into the intake manage to get alot of water out of there also.

Bryan
    +1

unbolt the intake manifold, its easy to do.. drain it out.

Alright the first thing I did was checked the oil.. nothing milky, then I pulled the plugs and turned it over. No water came out, used a rag and it was pure gas on the rag. it wasnt even moist it just smelled like straight gas. I then put plugs back in, started right up. But it didnt sound like it was running right. the idle was like pulsing. I shut it down after 20 seconds or so. gave it a minute and started it up again. This time it was still trying to clean its self out so I slightly reved it and it didnt want to take the gas. It just stalled. I want to mention also that this was straight fresh water. Im thinking bc of the idle I might have moister in gas or or air intake. where do I go from here?

+1
    you really need to remove the supercharger and intake to check for water in them. id also blow out the throttle body. sounds like it wasnt too bad though if it didnt make it to the motor

ill do that, and ill probably run some drygas threw it after I get it all back together. how do I blow out the throttle body?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information