Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mloureirojr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    60

    X-charger without 42Lbs injectors????

    Hey guys Wazup I have a Silly question I Just got my x-charger today and my injectors will take a week to arrive, What will happens if I install my X-charger without de 42lbs injectors???? Can I Ride? Will engine turn on??? or Should I wait , I have the stocks injectors


    Thanks


  2. #2
    Huh? Dyoung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pt. Neches , Texas
    Posts
    1,021
    +1
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by mloureirojr View Post
    Hey guys Wazup I have a Silly question I Just got my x-charger today and my injectors will take a week to arrive, What will happens if I install my X-charger without de 42lbs injectors???? Can I Ride? Will engine turn on??? or Should I wait , I have the stocks injectors


    Thanks
    No do not ride your ski without the 42# injectors installed. you will lean out and cook your motor. And because you have an external intercooler you are also going to need a rrfpr or a rude fuel controller to get your afr's dialed in.

  3. #3
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by mloureirojr View Post
    Hey guys Wazup I have a Silly question I Just got my x-charger today and my injectors will take a week to arrive, What will happens if I install my X-charger without de 42lbs injectors???? Can I Ride? Will engine turn on??? or Should I wait , I have the stocks injectors


    Thanks
    Stock 38# injectors and get a RRFPR. Set it at 60psi base pressure and go give it hell. Thats what I did on my 07 and worked well! Carried me to 77 with the same mods you have.

  4. #4
    mloureirojr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    60

    Thanks

    My injectors are comming i think next week, but If I just install the x-charger and run on idle on trailer and don't ride will not damage my engine right??? Because the injectors it's very easy to install but the X-charger will take a little longer I want save some time and install the x-charger when the injectors arrive I will just plug it and go see what it does it

  5. #5
    b_dolla44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Noblesville, Indiana United States
    Posts
    1,165
    +1
    15
    you can install the x charger with the 38's but i would not run the ski with them. I guess if you really had to you could run the ski on the hose with the 38's to check for leaks, but i would not ride it with them... at idle the x charger is still going to be in vacuum, so idle wont hurt it... it's when you rev it and start making boost when the 38's wont move enough fuel too compensate for the x charger...

  6. #6
    Lbaronio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami-FL
    Posts
    265
    I also have the same issue... i install the 42 lb injectors and take a 5 minutes ride without the RRFPR...at FULL BOOST!!!!!
    The sparks came out white as a paper... BE CAREFULL....
    When you install the 42 lb you have 3 ways:
    1.-X-ECU (It will control your gas pump electronically)
    2.-RRFPR (you would have to tune it by yourself)
    3.-RIVA ECU and Valvetrain upgrade...

    Meanwhile i wait my ECU Riva i install the X-ECU from a friend..., it works really good... and you could find 2nd hand one for the same price of the RRFPR...(just plug and play) with BUDS 5 minute config....

  7. #7
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by b_dolla44 View Post
    you can install the x charger with the 38's but i would not run the ski with them. I guess if you really had to you could run the ski on the hose with the 38's to check for leaks, but i would not ride it with them... at idle the x charger is still going to be in vacuum, so idle wont hurt it... it's when you rev it and start making boost when the 38's wont move enough fuel too compensate for the x charger...
    Hence the RRFPF.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    1,237
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Stock 38# injectors and get a RRFPR. Set it at 60psi base pressure and go give it hell. Thats what I did on my 07 and worked well! Carried me to 77 with the same mods you have.
    Bad Idea. Even a RRFPR at 64psi base with 42s will be lean in the mid.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    1,237
    +1
    10
    [QUOTE=Lbaronio;1496226]I also have the same issue... i install the 42 lb injectors and take a 5 minutes ride without the RRFPR...at FULL BOOST!!!!!
    The sparks came out white as a paper... BE CAREFULL....

    Exactly. Get a rude controller.

  10. #10
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039A View Post
    Bad Idea. Even a RRFPR at 64psi base with 42s will be lean in the mid.
    Was fine on my old ski. Still is.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. X charger and 42lbs injector mod to a 215 05 challenger
    By benobo in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 08:53 PM
  2. FS X Charger and 42lb injectors
    By Importracer in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 10:38 AM
  3. FS X Charger and 42lb injectors
    By pet in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 09:51 AM
  4. FS 09 X charger and 42lb injectors
    By rw40426 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 04:24 PM
  5. X Charger With 42lb Injectors
    By rxpvic in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 02:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •