I think my dealer sold me a bad ski??

new to the forum and new to the ski world as i just bought a new 08 rxp-x. as i have been reading alot and learning, iv watch alot of out of water ski start-up vids and noticed mine doesnt sound the same as others out there. when i picked up my ski from a dealer in michigan he started it up and told me its loud out of water and the rattling would not be heard once in the water but this rattling that im hearing is not normal and sound like it is coming from the prop/pump area. when i tap on the trottle it sounds even worse. this has done this from day one and now my ski has 30 hours on it. i would just take it to the local dealer here in iowa but last time i was there they seemed like a bunch of idiots, so i figured i would check with you guys first. ill try to post a vid later this weekend.

+1
    If you only hear it out of the water its normal. Everyone I have heard does it. Just the prop, splines, drive shaft.

fair enough. one other thing. when im whippin the ski around sometimes i come out of the water and the ski bogs down and kinda chokes and i have to tap the trottle and give it a minute or so before i can get on it again.

Banned User
    +1
    a minute or a couple of seconds? just sounds like you unloaded the pump to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    a minute or a couple of seconds? just sounds like you unloaded the pump to me.
    My 06 rxp 215 made that same rattling sound when it was out of the water, i was due to replace my wear ring so I went ahead and replaced it. After a ride I decided to start it up and blow out the dirty water from the lake and I noticed that the rattling and pinging sound was pretty much gone.

ya its a few seconds so im sure thats what it is. which im assuming is normal and happens from time to time. as for the wear ring, just replace it with a riva wear ring?

Thread Information