Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar

3 rude slip update.

i have been running a 3 rude for 25 to 30 hours..i would say at least 50% in chop..

i had it out for other things i was doing to the ski so i checked it seems to be holding well and the volume is awsome

it was set at 19 originally ..and after 20 hours or so it was 17.5 didnt feel the need to reshim for 1.5 lbs...so left it alone..and now at 30 hours it is still at 17.5

it has been hard in alot of chop ..so i would say it is holding it slip very well for a big charger...

the only thing i can say i did... was the 08 oil jet mod...and i do run a bov

Banned User
    +1
    thats good for piece of mind, one less thing to worry about all the time. i'm sure your running mcmaster springs what what kinda clutch washers are ya using?

Good to hear all is good.

My R3 came with McM spring washers. I guess the washers are the best ones too.

This charger came ready to go, with top clutch parts too.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    thats good for piece of mind, one less thing to worry about all the time. i'm sure your running mcmaster springs what what kinda clutch washers are ya using?
    Yes, the 3rude comes built with the McMaster washers

mine has riva 08 clutch washers....i bought it from big daddy ..i assume they are what came on it...

+1
    Thats awesome to hear mate about the slip.

Im seriously thinking about pulling my turbo off and going back to a 3rude and spin 9100 etc.

now rick... not that i am unhappy at all with the 3 rude..but i am thinking about possibly going the other way next year..to a turbo... but then a 3 rude at 9100 may be enough ...why dont you like your turbo..

just out of curiosity what type of engine oil are you running on your engine. My friend has a 3Rude also but with no BOV and the clutch on his charger dont last for too long, he also drives it like he stole it at times . We always set the slip at 18-19. He has the Riva Washers too. Im just confuse on why his clutch looses the slip so fast if it is set properly .....

i dont use anythng special just a semi synthetic..oil....the 08 oil jet mod is required for big chargers..as i understand...believe me i ride it hard as well... i love pounding through the chop..60 65 though 2 to 3 foot is normal ...but you still need to finess the throddle a little

+1
    Yeah i have always used the Amsoil bike oil with good results.

I love my turbo but IMO i dont see a point in having turbo if my boost goals are around 20 psi.

If your goals are 22-25 psi yeah then the only thing going to get you is there is turbo.

But the stock head gasket does not last long after 20 psi. The map sensor needs changing. Need bigger pump as stock pump is too small. Stock manifold needs to be replaced with alloy one. Forget about doing it on a riva or les comp.

The price in going from 20 psi to 25 psi jumps up considerably.

There is no maintainence with the turbo which is a major plus but it also takes up the whole engine cabin and adds 20 kgs as well.

I was hoping to have 20 psi at 8600 with the turbo but its seeming that it isnt going to happen at those revs due to the pump size.

Im just thinking out loud but the 3rude at 20 psi should be enough i think. LOL.

Still trying to make up my mind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information