Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Help!!! My RXP-X has been under water too loong! Engine dead???

Hi all jet-riders,

First: Sorry for my bad writing.

We had a great day on my RXP-X, untill my friend was crashed into the water and could not get it up/stable. Then suddenly, it went more and more under water, untill we only could see the steeringbar. I went for help and a boat tooked the jet in to the beach. (while it was under water)

Everything has been under SALT-water! I could see that there has been water in the gas-tank. And water in the engine. My friend has changed the oil for many times now. And it is still, kind of white.

The engine will start ok. But it will not rev. so much. Then the engine shuts down.

My big question; what now?

What do I do.?
    And what is your opinion to what I need to repair/replace for parts?
    Is the engine completely dead!!!

I would suggest pullling the intake manifold off as water can sit in there, short of pulling it off you will not remedy the situation. I would also suggest pulling the intake tubing and making sure all water is out of it. You will need to crank the motor over (after getting the water out of the intake system) with the plugs out so spray any residual water left in the cylinders out. After that you will need to change the oil a few more times till its clean/clear. The fact that you have attempted to run it with water in it may have caused bigger issues.

Use the search function here as there are many threads regarding the step by step procedures to remedy this.

Good Luck

+1
    How bad is the hull? You have photos?

Sorry my bad english. There is no damage to the hull. The seadoo just tilted. And my friend could not get it back up. to long in the water with the top down. This is a month since this happend. And my friend has changed oil many times.
    The question is how much more damage there is? We have tried to start it many times after.

I will try MVR 155 reply.

Thanks again.

More reply´s will be perfect.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GTX-DK View Post
    Sorry my bad english. There is no damage to the hull. The seadoo just tilted. And my friend could not get it back up. to long in the water with the top down. This is a month since this happend. And my friend has changed oil many times.
    The question is how much more damage there is? We have tried to start it many times after.

I will try MVR 155 reply.

Thanks again.

More reply´s will be perfect.
    I don't want to be the bearer of bad news,but if your ski ingested salt water and it's been sitting in your motor for a month your motor is probably trashed .Everything I've seen on this site in regards to water ingestion says to get the water out within 24 hours.....

+1
    Gotta get water our fast!! Especially salt water!! The inside of your engine is surley rusted to shit. Gonna need a new engine or full rebuild

thanx for the fast reply, guys.
    This is f....ked up.

what about my compressor, intercooler and all other stuff?

And how could all this water get into the engine? by the airfilter-hose or something?
    If I want to see how damage the engine is with the rusty saltwater, what do I then take off? I´m desprate! the top?

Thanks for everyone´s reply.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1

i think its a little too late

I dont think that engine is any good, It might run, but not for long its been a month, and if it has not been ran there is still salt in the system.
    mind as well call the insurance.

The first thing my friend did, was to take some things apart, then changed the oil alot of times. the oil is still a little white.
    But it will start, but not idle to good. Then it says oil. which means oil pressure, right?

My friend think that we need new ball bearings in the engine? what do you say?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information