What's New For 2011?

Heard any rumors of what's new for 2011? I've heard a little...maybe you can add more.

http://www.boats.com/boat-content/20...-new-for-2011/

Quote Originally Posted by rideliquid View Post
    Heard any rumors of what's new for 2011? I've heard a little...maybe you can add more.

http://www.boats.com/boat-content/20...-new-for-2011/
    I don't think your link qualifies as "hearing a little". There was nothing in that article other than to say we'll know something in the fall, which is no different than previous years.

If 300 HP is true we'll see a model that is suitable for racers that run short distances and return to the dock. Why? Fuel consumption. My 260Hp RXT X already goes through 40L of gas in an hour and a half and that isn't when pushing it to the limit. 300 HP and hard riding means less range and riding time. maybe Sea Doo will be able to improve fuel economy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by grover432 View Post
    If 300 HP is true we'll see a model that is suitable for racers that run short distances and return to the dock. Why? Fuel consumption. My 260Hp RXT X already goes through 40L of gas in an hour and a half and that isn't when pushing it to the limit. 300 HP and hard riding means less range and riding time. maybe Sea Doo will be able to improve fuel economy.
    I am really hoping that this is true. If they do come out with a 4Cyl Seadoo I will definitely be in the market for one. With the new hull design and adding that type of power, these machines are going to be very fast out of the box. I do wonder what they will do to limit the speed to 68 mph? I guess the same concept of the rxp-x, restrictive intake grate, larger nozzle, and i'm thinking lower the amount of boost back to about 6 or so lbs?

I have heard many rumors and some have confirmed with reliable sources but when it will come out is not 100 percent certain yet how the economy is going.

Seadoo will have a rough time trying to sell $16,000+ Skis to the average consumer. But I am sure they have thought of ways to reduce some costs.

the green machine on the jetraid site looks very similar to the 4 seat seadoo that they made a few years ago...

Thread Information