A few more questions about Riva's Stage III

I am the proud owner of a 06 RXP. I am also and addict of this forum, I read it constantly. My goal is to go FAST (top end) without compromising hole shot and handling, I know, don’t we all? I will be doing the Stage III kit from Riva. In addition to the S3 I am putting on the stainless steel wear ring, which I am surprised Riva didn’t make part of the kit. I also already ordered, and hopefully will be getting soon (are they here yet?), Jerry’s R&E block offs instead of Riva’s.

Of course I will be filling the intake and ride plate holes, and doing the reverse bucket mod.

Here are my thoughts/questions. What do you guys think?
    • Jet Wings vs Riva’s sponsons (other than their cost, it seems like a no brainer)
    • Wait for Riva's rear intake instead of the front mounted Power Filter kit (same as above)
    • 15/20 prop and Jerry’s magic touch vs Riva’s 14/19R
    • Rotax’s Aquavein intake grate vs Riva’s
    • Rotax’s Aquavein 2.5 Degree Wedge Kit vs Riva’s 2 degree and VTS extension Rod
    • Cone, no cone, or Wet Wolf’s Adjust-A-Thrust
    • Jerry’s skegs
    • Is there any unnecessary stuff in this plan?
    • Are there any components I should consider instead?
    • Is there anything else (bolt on only) that I should consider?
    Thanks to all of you guys that so freely and genuinely share your knowledge. Its impressive. I’ve learned soooo much, thanks!!!!

+1
    riva grate gets best reviews.
    2.5° wedge has been proven to be too much for the rxp. 2° is good.
    and to clarify for you i believe you are talking about the 15/20 prop vs. the 3 blade 14/19 from Riva. and i dont know anything about those 2 props., just trying to help.
    greenhulk skegs
    RE blockoffs are the right choice.
    i dont suggest the riva power filter at all. you should really consider doing your own 4" intake system, regular or rear intake, or wait for Riva to come out with theirs.
    Last edited by JFizzleJR; 10-08-2006 at 03:15 PM.

+1
    Like he said I would go with those suggestions, and wait for there new rear intake setup...I've seen it in person, and very nice!! I'll be getting one eventually. Riva's new stage III prop is a skat 3-blade 15/19R. I have a solas 15/20R 4 blade that will get to 80, And I have a Skat 3-blade 13/18.5 that has sick acceleration , and also get's to 80. I haven't tried the new 15/19 yet

+1
    Here are my thoughts/questions. What do you guys think?
    • Jet Wings vs Riva’s sponsons (other than their cost, it seems like a no brainer)
    I like the stock 06 sponsons with big block offs. Either Riva's or I hear the RE's are really nice. Cornering is quite subjective though. For my needs (whipping through creeks and tree stumps @ 70+ MPH) this setup works fine for me.
    • Wait for Riva's rear intake instead of the front mounted Power Filter kit (same as above)
    Wait for the rear air intake. Until then you can adjust your stock air intake elbow to point at the under seat exhaust vent. Remove the stock exhaust vent tube from the cowling as well.
    • 15/20 prop and Jerry’s magic touch vs Riva’s 14/19R
    Right now the 15/20 is the ticket, but Riva may be onto something with the new prop, only time will tell.
    • Rotax’s Aquavein intake grate vs Riva’s
    Riva Grate
    • Rotax’s Aquavein 2.5 Degree Wedge Kit vs Riva’s 2 degree and VTS extension Rod
    I personally don't like wedges because I enjoy racing in the chop and its tough to do with a wedge on. On the otherhand, if you ride/race on only glass smooth water, the wedge should add some top end speed.
    • Cone, no cone, or Wet Wolf’s Adjust-A-Thrust
    Those are two different cones. The prop/nose cone and the pump cone. I haven't tried the AAT yet so I am just stock there. And I can't remember what I am running on the prop/nose cone. Frank did we take that off on the 06 RXP?
    • Is there any unnecessary stuff in this plan?
    • Are there any components I should consider instead?
    • Is there anything else (bolt on only) that I should consider?
    That's about it. The Riva Stage 3 sounds like its going to be a nice setup. I like the finger throttle and extended handlebars from Riva too.

JFizzelJR

Thanks for your input. BTW, I am an Albany/Saratoga area transplant.

Jarrett.

Thanks for your input as well. I ride mostly on the Ocean (rough) and on some back bays (smooth). Is the reason you believe that the wedge is not that usefull in rough waters beacuse its pointed too high? or looses its effectivenes? or somethinmg else?

psycho rxp

Were you at the Amelia Island wing dig? If not, there was a boat that looks just like yours and did a wave right in front of me, at least 8 ft. in the air. Was that you?

By reading others inputs, it seems that the 14/19 three blade is the way to go. Thanks for your suggestions.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPED View Post
    psycho rxp

Were you at the Amelia Island wing dig? If not, there was a boat that looks just like yours and did a wave right in front of me, at least 8 ft. in the air. Was that you?

Yes, that was me . I did get some good air on that one...huh? lol Did you stick around for the drag races?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPED View Post
    I ride mostly on the Ocean (rough) and on some back bays (smooth). Is the reason you believe that the wedge is not that usefull in rough waters beacuse its pointed too high? or looses its effectivenes? or somethinmg else?
    I tried the Riva wedge out in 2004 on my 04 RXP. They didn't have that holeshot rod thing out then. Things may be different now with the 06 RXPs, new block offs, holeshot rod thing, etc.

When I used it, the wedge added more lift than I could trim out causing me to lose hookup which in turn lost speed when drag racing in the chop. Drag racing can be won or lost by your ability (or inability) to keep your ski hooked up when the water is not smooth. I choose to stay hooked up

Thread Information