+1

Stator & Mag cup

From what I've read and what's been posted on my threads, I pulled the mag cover to have a look. There is some metal shaving in the mag cup, not much! Probably enough to eat some rectifiers. I guess any metal will cause a problem. What is the best method of cleaning the mag and stator? Since the mag is a magnet and of course the metal sticks to it. I want to get all the metal shaving off. How should I clean the stator? How do you test the stator when its off the ski?

Quote Originally Posted by olds72 View Post
    From what I've read and what's been posted on my threads, I pulled the mag cover to have a look. There is some metal shaving in the mag cup, not much! Probably enough to eat some rectifiers. I guess any metal will cause a problem. What is the best method of cleaning the mag and stator? Since the mag is a magnet and of course the metal sticks to it. I want to get all the metal shaving off. How should I clean the stator? How do you test the stator when its off the ski?

Bro , there is a thread that 96xpss chimed in on with regards to the stator and cup. It has great pics and they look just like yours. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?104284-Check-out-these-pics-of-my-old-rectifier!/page4&highlight=Rectifier IMO you need to replace that stator. Looks like it got hot from shorting out. All that brown orange discoloration is the sign. Hopefully it hasn't taken out that new rectifier. Check our your flywheel and bendix gear real well. From what I've read they are the most common sources for the metal shavings. You will probably need to pull the cup so as to make sure you clean the entire area. You have to get ALL the metal shavings out.

+1
    I'll put some better pics of the stator up. I think the rectifier is gone. I ordered a new one. It's only showing 13.5 Vdc revving or not.

+1

Thread Information