Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

...'06 RXP top speed?

Has anyone been successful at recording a top speed for a stock RXP?

I currently own a stock '06 RXP. Only upgrades performed is the reverse bucket modification. I haven't filled in the rideplate holes yet, but that is the plan for the near future. That being said... with just under 3/4 tank of gas I recorded a GPS top speed of 70.6 mph . I am really curious as to what the speed will be with roughly a 1/4 tank of gas and rideplate holes filled? Planning to get an impeller, cold air intake and a Riva Supercharger impeller for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by spdboat33 View Post
    Has anyone been successful at recording a top speed for a stock RXP?

I currently own a stock '06 RXP. Only upgrades performed is the reverse bucket modification. I haven't filled in the rideplate holes yet, but that is the plan for the near future. That being said... with just under 3/4 tank of gas I recorded a GPS top speed of 70.6 mph . I am really curious as to what the speed will be with roughly a 1/4 tank of gas and rideplate holes filled? Planning to get an impeller, cold air intake and a Riva Supercharger impeller for next season.
    Welcome to the forum, those are good numbers for a stock 06 if your gona get the impeller and the intake ure gona need the grate so might as well just go with the whole riva stage I and throw the VTS rod in there too and the riva impeller is a nice extra upgrade to the stage I. I just installed the Stage I, riva sc impeller, the VTS rod, and Race Tech Free Flow exhaust, and metal washers on my ski and its a huge difference. Oh and how could i forget you want to get those ceramic washers out of there otherwise theres a very good chance your gona run into some big problems later on. The washers are the first thing you should. hope this helps im sure more people ill chime in.

Question

Hey spdboat33,

I just picked up my new '06 RXP Friday b/4 last but I have not yet been able to take it out!

www.boattest.com tested an '06 @ 65+ in salt water with minimal chop and based on what I've read your #'s sound pretty good. What were the conditions when you GPS'ed?

Question

Hey RedDevilRXP,

I see that you installed the metal washers. Did you buy the ones from Jerry's store? RIVA sells their own brand but they appear to be coated. I want to do this upgrade soon but I can't decide on whose washers to buy. According to Jerry's experience the coated washers tend to slip, which I can understand, but can't see RIVA overlooking this...

Thanks in advance,

Quote Originally Posted by Flynfox View Post
    Hey RedDevilRXP,

I see that you installed the metal washers. Did you buy the ones from Jerry's store? RIVA sells their own brand but they appear to be coated. I want to do this upgrade soon but I can't decide on whose washers to buy. According to Jerry's experience the coated washers tend to slip, which I can understand, but can't see RIVA overlooking this...

Thanks in advance,
    Yeah i bought them from jerrys store, Yeah i didnt really think about it as much as you are. I just read threads and saw that a lot of people are using his washers and having very good results with them. and there 30 dollars cheaper which is 30 bucks that can go twords another mod or 2 cases of beer however you want to look at it. But overall either one of them is gona be better then those ceramics in there.

Question

RedDevilRXP,

Disregard my question about the washers as I see the answer in your signature. Another question though. How many hours do you have with the washers installed?

Cool

Ha RedDevilRXP,

Looks like you were answering my question as I was telling you to disregard. Thanks though. Funny abt the $30 comment going towards another mod or beer. Typical gearheads we are! Oh well great minds think alike

RedDevilRXP,

Disregard my question about the washers as I see the answer in your signature. Another question though. How many hours do you have with the washers installed?

hahahah, about 20 min i just put them in last week. There are a lot of threads on here talking about how long the metal washers last though do a search.

Cool

Well I wasn't so much worried about the longevity as I was slippage. I read somewhere that the metal washers will slip once heated up but I want some real world opinions. But like you I too have read lots of threads on this forum and didn't hear any negatives, at least none reported. Guess I'll go ahead & order Jerry's.

Thanks for helping me make up my mind.

Well I wasn't so much worried about the longevity as I was slippage. I read somewhere that the metal washers will slip once heated up but I want some real world opinions. But like you I too have read lots of threads on this forum and didn't hear any negatives, at least none reported. Guess I'll go ahead & order Jerry's.

Thanks for helping me make up my mind.
    Glad to help, I think that Rivas and les cookes washers (which are both coated) will start slipping way before Jerrys washers will. I think and im sure plenty of other people do to,that Jerrys washers are probably the best choice. Good Luck.

-Matthew

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information