+1

08 15f not running right.

I sold my stx15f to a guy a couple of weeks ago with only 17 hours on it and he calls me to tell me that its running rough and cutting out only topping out at 30 something on the speedo. it runs like this for about 10-15 minutes or so then it smoothes out and runs just fine. i figured it could be old gas from last summer cause he said it ran rough at first but once the old gas was out it ran just fine. now its acting up again. no warning lights or nothing are appearing on the display. could the injectors be dirty from the bad gas? could it be the plugs? if anyone has experienced this please let me know cause i feel bad for the guy i sold it to. he is at the lake right now with it and i told him i would let him know something.

why did you sell it already?

+1
    Gas was stabilized?
    SLO mode?
    One plug dead?

+1
    change the plugs

+1
    no i didnt put stabilizer in the tank. ive never done it before and not had any problems. i sold it because im in a wheelchair and its bout impossible for me to go to the lake by myself and nobody i knew wanted to go so i sold it. ill let him know to change the plugs. thanks

+1
    Well, just cause I asked about stabilizer doesn`t mean I think you needed stabilizer. I just asked.
    I`d bet new plugs will solve this.....either way they`re pretty cheap-easy and the old ones will work as spares.
    Not very easy to find people to do stuff when-where you want to, is it? I don`t have a mobility problem, but I hate doing by myself!

I just about had a heartattack yesterday when my brother called from 300 miles away to say that the 2010 15f I just bought new, and sent off with him to the cabin, had developed a severe vibration and power problem with less than 2 hrs on it from new. First thoughts are......warranty is very difficult, because we`re in Canada and I bought the ski in the US (saved 4,700 $) So, need to see what we can do before I haul it 500 mi back to dealer. Thankfully a methodical diagnostic process revealed it had ingested a very small piece of tree bark, this was cleared and it is once again running as it should.

So, all is well!

Greg

Thread Information