Supercharger Question

I think my supercharger is slipping again. Can I confirm this by spinning the fan blades...if they spin freely then it is the supercharger? I'd like to test it before I completely remove it from the ski. Also, the ski already had the metal washer upgrade 75 hours ago. If I confirm that it is the supercharger ....what will it need new washers or shims? Either way, can i send the sc to Gerry to have it fixed

+1
    Yes you can check the SC for free spin while installed.

I was unable to spin the fan by hand, so I am thinking it is not the washers. And the SC was working before my local repair guy just replaced the engine managment system (EMS).... could the problem be related to this?

Sorry, I didn't give you the symtoms. They are: Low rpms, lack of exceleration, and I don't hear the whining of the sc.

I would start the engine with the intake hose off and see if it is turning. Be sure nothing can get sucked in, like your fingers or the clamp!! The supercharger is gear driven. It is possible that it is locked up and the gear is just spinning on the shaft. If it is not turning stop the engine immediately!!!! Do not run anymore until it is repaired. Bad things happen when these come apart!!!

Yep, keep the fingers out, and DESS key in your pocket.

I was looking at one a while ago, and the fool pressed the start button.... veeeery quickly blew red stuff out of the outlet of the charger..!!

Even if it doesn't start, it will shred your fingers.

DESS key in pocket.

Okay the sc does not spin freely (by hand) and it does spin when started; both things are good. I looked at the spark plugs and two seem dry and a little white while the third seemed wet and black. I then replaced all spark plugs with new ones, but it still did not run very good. It's late, so that's all for today. However, i am thinking that maybe it's the coils. Are the coils interchangable? If not, I've got the two of the same skis I will swap them from the other boat. Any other thoughts for things to look for?

Thread Information