+1

Wink Unsure how these Mikuni Fuel pumps are plumbed...... Any Help would be appreciated...

Well im switching over to triples... Im about ready to start on my fuel system... I Have three Mikuni Fuel Pumps but just thinking about using two(opinions on that would be great)... One INLET on the upper left side,three OUTLETS...One on top,One directly across on the right side an one right underneith it on the right side.... I have no notes with these and unsure how these are routed or work... Any help would be gladly appreciated AGAIN

Post some pics of the pumps you have. I use the mikuni df62 pentagon pumps. They have 2 outlets each feeding a fuel air seperator with the restrictor in the return.
    then they have 3 outputs going to the carbs. What heads are you using with this setup? Im just finishing up putting the pipes back in mine Those things are like crack, you just cant get away from the hit

+1
    Im using a 0.063 shim under the cylinder with cut R&D Red Heads with mild porting... Im using stock cut flat-top pistons I had my Machine shop do for me.... I did some research an I am also using the pentagon df62 fuel pumps... I see the one arrow thats for the inlet. Does it matter which outlet goes where? I assume one goes to the carbs,one goes back to the tank(aka return) an I assume one goes to the next carb... Another question,When i get to the last carb do I run two of the outlets together for the return? An what do u run for a restrictor on the return? An heck yeah Morris I cant imagine anymore addiction then when a set of these tripples get into there power curve up aginst one of these newer blower skis..Good feeling to say the least..LOL

+1
    OK OK after looking at enough pictures I see what your saying Morris(Geeeze I feel slow..lol) Inlet from the tank...The 2 outlets beside each other go to the seperator... I understand the outlet on top goes to vaccum between the throttle and the reeds...BUT an this is my question: Can I tee both pumps off the one vaccum fitting on the #3 cylinder or should I tap another spot on one of the other cylinders for the other pump? An im still unsure what to use for a restrictor on the return? Thanks a bunch Morris I really appreciate al the help....

I have seen them Set up with a t but I would want them on 2 different cylinders. You may want to use a 90deg fitting for the pulse line or a short fitting it gets crowded under there.

For the restrictor you can put a barb fitting in the return line and tap it to accept a mikuni main jet. I would suggest a 95 or 100. You want 1-2psi at idle and 5-6psi at wot.

Did you find the pics of my seperator and pump install? You will probably need to mount those pumps in front of the motor since there is no room for them on the bottom of the hull. Mine are under the glove box, I used one of the fa screens to make a mounting bracket. You may also want to mod your fuel pickup. There is a how to on that in the mods thread.

Thread Information