Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

St. Clair River Run, Saturday, July 24th

Alrighty, thinking about doing a St. Clair river run next Saturday, July 24th (weather pending). Take off from Sarnia, go down river and head back. I'm going to do a bit of a river recon to check for things like marinas for gas, and maybe some good stopping spots. Post up if you'd be interested in this and we'll plan times, etc.

Waterford, Michigan
    Might sound crazy...but where is the St. Clair River relevant to Lake St. Clair? Are they connected?

Quote Originally Posted by antoniodef View Post
    Might sound crazy...but where is the St. Clair River relevant to Lake St. Clair? Are they connected?
    Yes indeed. Lake Huron empties into the St Clair river at Sarnia. The river runs 64 KM (39 Miles) down to Lake St Clair. Pretty wild currents and eddies near the mouth (6-8 knots), making it a bit tricky. I can attest to the currents having dove a few of the wrecks in the mouth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	river-map3-copy.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	206052  

Grosse Pointe, MI
    the river is fun to ride... wish i could meet up with u guys... too bad im up at school :/

I looked in to some of the laws regarding the river. Although it would be great if we could all (Canadians and Americans) ride as a group, I know the authorities are very strict when it comes to crossing the river. So, I guess we have to stick to our respective sides, and use the shipping channel as the buffer zone. Damn International border wrecking our fun.

Meet at the Centennial Park launch in Sarnia at 9:00am. There's a $10.00 launch fee, and parking is right beside the ramps. If we meet at 9:00, we should be underway by around 10:00 after everyone gets launched and parked.

**rescheduled until a later date**

North Aurora, Illinois, United States
    Post up ASAP what the new date is as I would like to make this ride need some time to get it on the calendar. My hometown is Sarnia and there are several good stops along the way. Nice sandbar to stop and have a beverage on the tip of Walpole island by Corunna if my memory serves me. Plenty of gas stops on both sides .of the river also.

Dhoad. Perfect, you know the river well then. Maybe a little later in the season, like the first part of September. Gives everyone some time to plan, and most folks are done vacation by then and will have a bit more free time.

Ottawa, ON
    I might be interested depending on the date.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information