+1

Retuning rude due to weather conditions?

Hey guys I got a rude controller. And my setup is in my sig. RRFPR is used as a regular regulator. Vacuum line not attached.

I had the ski all tuned @58psi. Then the next day it was way rich. Weather was different. Turned down the fuel pressure. Was all good. Seems as the days get hotter I have to keep turning the pressure down. It was at 50psi before I rode today. So I reset it at 58. Idle was good but I got some super rich spots (high 10s, low 11s)

Does anyone else have this much variation in AFRs due to weather?

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    yep driving me nuts i want it perfect and it changes...more than i want it to ...ill start out it is strange..its on the warm up cycle...then it is fine once everything warms up ..then get rich late in the day or after long runs...heat soak...sucks mostly stays in the 12s but dips in the 11 sometomes.....

I am having the same problem. When in 80s the afr is 11.8-11.9WOT. Then when altitude density gets up around 3000 feet (we are at 916 actual) see the afr around 10.4 WOT. I am running rrf and Begi.

+1
    Makes sense, The hotter it is outside the less O2 per given volume of air (you will be richer). That is why the RAD index is a useful tool to help us understand the affect of heat and Humidity on our SC engines.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    yep driving me nuts i want it perfect and it changes...more than i want it to ...ill start out it is strange..its on the warm up cycle...then it is fine once everything warms up ..then get rich late in the day or after long runs...heat soak...sucks mostly stays in the 12s but dips in the 11 sometomes.....
    Exactly. Pain in the ass. Do you adjust fuel pressure also to do ur or u remap parts of it? Doing the fuel pressure is pretty easy. I only change it like once a day. Some times not every day. But I was just curious if there are any cons to a lower fuel pressure?

This last time it seems like my map is off.

fuel pressure is a good overall adjustment but the lower rpms the fuel pressure doesnt adjust as much ...but for a little bit is good enough ...

as for lower pressure...the higher the pressure..the better it atomizes the fuel..bu most injectors are designed to run at 45 so as long as you arnt 30 or something..you will be fine...

I'm considering going with a controller and possibly an ECU. I notice most aren't listing an ECU? I'm still trying to understand how everything works together so silly question but shouldn't an upgraded ECU adjust the injectors as to when and how long to cycle throughout the entire rpm range? I'm assuming that it isn't connected to an O2 sensor so wont adjust for temperature, humidity and elevation?

i have a feeling if you watched just a riva ecu as closely as you do the controler setting them up the ecu would do the same thing....but they are plug and play and you dont pay any attension to a ecu ...

i dont think the rude controler is any problem...it works very well..

the rude controler works ontop of the ecu ..with just 13 psi a ecu will handle verything all buy its self above that you need to start adding fuel..the rude coontroler allows you to do so...buy changing the voltage the ecu sees coming from the map sensor...

Thread Information