Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP to RXP-X bars?

Ok ok I have posted this before but didnt really get an answer.... I got loads of great pics of what sum guys have done by changing their setup to renthal or umi bars, which is cool.

My actual question was tho, where do the set and mode buttons go? as the umi housing only holds the start/stop and trim switches?

What about changing to rxp-x set up with the X riser? what else would I need to change if it is possible?

or.... cud the button housing and finger throttle of a rxpx be fitted to a umi/renthal bar?

+1
    Set and Mode buttons? If you buy the complete RXPX/RXTX, handle bar and steering setup everything you is there, you will need to order everything individuly as there isnt any "kit" to do it with, that said I have done the RXP to RXPX steering, and the UMI, the UMI is far easier and iirc a little cheaper.

yeah the set and mode buttons? on my 05 rxp bars the switch housing contains the set and mode buttons for the lcd. The umi setup only houses the on/off and trim switches.

i'm trying to get a finger throttle up and running, i know i can do the riva finger conversion but the only one i have seen the moulded housing next to the pad is black while mines chrome and i would like it to match.....

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    All the 04-05 RXP-RXT's have a mode & set button. I personally rarely ever use those buttons, so I just mounted mine on the base of the X steering. It's still accesable... but out of the way.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3261.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	205921

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetmanjay View Post
    i know i can do the riva finger conversion but the only one i have seen the moulded housing next to the pad is black while mines chrome and i would like it to match.....
    When I ran that set-up... I ordered a 04 switch cover plate for the left side. The 04 cover was black, and looked nice with the riva finger throttle kit. The chrome always drove me crazy with the suns reflection anyway.

+1
    Ok got ya, I wasnt thinking the 05's had them, just 04. To be honest I'm with BigDadddy on this one, when I had my 04 I never messed with it, but there is allot of room at the base.

Finally an answer! cheers guys, I was thinking I had something no-one else had?!!

Those X bars look sick! go on scare me, what did it cost to do that?! and is it a complete nightmare of a job?

+1
    I switched my 06 to X bars. Got them for $400 which is a great deal. Fairly easy job. Just needs some patience. Look in my albums for the instal pics.

+1
    I have done both, the complete X setup requires allot more work than the UMI conversion, IMO go to the online store and check it out through the "order oem parts", if you go X, I have a new never used pad and bars, with grips etc.

Guys I am really interested in the conversion to x bars. you say its a bit more involved then the UMI setup, but how much more involved? is there drilling and cutting involved to the hull?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information