Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Engine HOT warning light.... Help.

Hi all!

Went for a good ride today , the ski went like a dream. Took the ski home , the trip took me about 45mins, so time for the motor to cool a bit.

Put the ski on the hose also in the intercooler hole.

Had the ski running for about 5 mins , nothing I would do differently. When I noticed some steam coming from the left hand side around the headers. No later then 5 seconds of me noticing the steam and HOT engine temp light came on. I shut it down right away. I couldn't find where the steam was coming from......

Has another else had this problem? I hope my ski is fine as I've got s big ride on Tuesday. Can anyone put my mind to ease otherwise I'm off to yamaha to get it looked at.

+1
    Looks like I'll be right yamaha.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieFZR View Post
    Hi all!

Went for a good ride today , the ski went like a dream. Took the ski home , the trip took me about 45mins, so time for the motor to cool a bit.

Put the ski on the hose also in the intercooler hole.

Had the ski running for about 5 mins , nothing I would do differently. When I noticed some steam coming from the left hand side around the headers. No later then 5 seconds of me noticing the steam and HOT engine temp light came on. I shut it down right away. I couldn't find where the steam was coming from......

Has another else had this problem? I hope my ski is fine as I've got s big ride on Tuesday. Can anyone put my mind to ease otherwise I'm off to yamaha to get it looked at.
    Yes your water hose does not have good pressure and volume.

+1
    i get the damn buzzer a lot on the hose where i launch...dont worry..low flow and pressure

what gets me is most the flush water runs back out the strainer in pump and even with nose down....thought about fitting a valve before 4 way but worried about leaving it switched in the off position when i got out,so thinking of a one way valve(rubber inners) like in the xlt/gpr

+1
    Even with steam coming up off the headers??

Hey mate,
    The yammi heads run a bit hotter as they don't have big cooling flow through them. Also because its winter you can see the vapour steaming off them when they have been washed alot more than when you do it in the warmer months.
    I spoke to GaryW about this exact same thing and he advised me on this.
    With your mods I would have the engine cooling system upgraded before next summer kicks in if you have not already done it.
    The engine light comes on sometimes if your hose pressure is low, my did the same till I got bigger lines installed.

Richie there is not a lot of water pressure here on the Gold Coast. I always struggle to flush my intercooler.Where is this big ride you must let me know some day.

Quote Originally Posted by miker1 View Post
    Richie there is not a lot of water pressure here on the Gold Coast. I always struggle to flush my intercooler.Where is this big ride you must let me know some day.
    He is putting in at the Grand Hotel about 12.30 going for a run up to the pin bar through coomera,I'm thinking of tagging along

cheers

Sounds like fun. I would have liked to to have come with but busy with some r&d, I have got my impeller of as I need to repitch I am pulling a bit to much rpm. I might see you guys at the boat ramp though to meet you guys.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mickjen View Post
    He is putting in at the Grand Hotel about 12.30 going for a run up to the pin bar through coomera,I'm thinking of tagging along

cheers
    I wouldn't mind tagging along on that ride ...was coming to the coast soon for a ride anyways .

Nevermind i didn't read the whole post , i see it's today 20/07/10.

have fun !!.

cheers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information