Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Seadoo on my last nerve

What is the deal with Seadoo? First off I like the pwcs over all. But with sc problems and I have a ski that is not year old and the gel coat is turning white. and same old thing brp dont cover junk gel coat what do thay cover. I guess a kawi is on the list to replace the p. the bitch of it is my ski is coverd till it hits the ramp and gets clear coat wax befor it goes out. My friends ultra 250 has not had any problems. I wonder if kawi would put out a 2 seater?

+1
    Kawasaki's have had paint issues too in the past its not just a SD problem. When the Ultra250s first came out guys were complaining about the paint. Have you tried to buff the gel coat out and see if it will come up for you?

+1
    Mines an 08 "RED" has 57hr and i just got a cover for it. Id say 50% of the time its outside and i have no issues. Do you have a pic of the ski??? Also i ride chop and my sc seems to be holding together knock on wood. I run Riva washers with mcmaster spring washers and the slip hasnt changed for the last 30hrs. Ive been inspecting and checking the slip on my sc about every 15hrs. And IMO "search" other problems with diffrent manufacturers as they ALL have there issues.

+1

gel coat

It will buff out just hate to start that. it has not been out of the crate a year. that is what makes me mad. sd should stand behind the ski for at least a year. but I guess i should have bought a nother brand or a used ski. ARE YOU SURE KAWI. DONT HAVE A HIGH HP 2 SEATER.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by primorxp View Post
    I guess a kawi is on the list to replace the p. the bitch of it is my ski is coverd till it hits the ramp and gets clear coat wax befor it goes out. My friends ultra 250 has not had any problems...
    Dude, if you are unhappy with the issues on your Sea-Doo, wait until you find out how Kawi handles your problems. We have a member here who purchased a 5 year "good times" warranty then found out the hard way that the fine print states they won't pay for repairs that exceed the value of his ski at the time of repair. When the rod went though his engine block and he needed a second $8,000 rebuild, this means he was basically screwed. As I recall, I think almost 70 percent of the respondents on the GIO poll said they had gas in their oil on the 2007 models, and I don't think Kawi ever even admitted there was a problem.
    Last edited by YoYamma; 07-20-2010 at 09:37 AM.

+1
    So I guess all are in the same boat they can sell their crap and not be fix it and we keep spending our money to fix their crap I think that sums it up. Well I guess the ski will get a wrap job to cover up junk gel coat and I will stay on G H to keep up on mods and parts.
    this will be my last new ski better off to buy used from a G H member. No more dealers for me. I HAVE A SIGN COMPANY THAT WRAPS ATVS PWCS ect. out of stlouis

will post pics when done with the wrap

+1
    I guess a wrap is a good idea.
    You are saying the gel coat is turning white?
    You mean like all over the ski or just in one section?
    Do you store it in the garage or under a cover?

+1
    The ski stay under cover about half the time under carport unless in the water all the flat areas are turning white my last p it took about 3 years before it started

Turbo Doo's from Down Under one1one's Avatar
    So the ski spends approx 1/2 its life in the sun with no cover & the gelcoat is going chalky & its BRP's fault?

Why don't you just look after your ski?

BTW, a good wet rub & buff it will be as good as new after this damage.

+1
    the ski is 10 mo. old has 24 hrs on it and has spent about 40 hrs in the sun. the ski is waxed before it hits the water every time . so no it is not my fault. even if it was not covered 10 mo. on a new ski come on. so one1one i can almost bet my ski is better taken care of than 99% of them on G H it gets wiped off cover put on and washed with in 2 hrs of ride and water spots wiped off and cover goes back on.

SO IF YOU WANT TO BE A SMART AZZ ONE1ONE READ THE POST

ps you can eat off my engine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information