02 genisis, not getting RPM's & insturment problems

i have a 2002 genisis with a 1165cc (1200) engine. i engine was winterized year before last and not started last year. it has some old gas in the tank ( stableizer added) but almost all the gas is fresh premium gas. 1st problem, when installing the battery the wires crossed and now the insturment cluster is not working, is it blown or is there a fuse some where that i have not yet located also is their a way to test the insturment cluster? 2nd problem the engine will start but it will only idle, if i give it gas it seems to bog down, it almost seems as if the choke was on but its not? i have new plugs and cleaned the fuel seperator. I also removed the carbs and cleaned and lubed them because the butterfly valves were gumed up, they work fine now, the choke and linkage apears to also be working fine. when i give it. has anyone dealt with these problems or does anyone know how to solve this.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by robert.c View Post
    i have a 2002 Genesis with a 1165cc (1200) engine.

i engine was winterized year before last and not started last year. it has some old gas in the tank ( stabilizer added) but almost all the gas is fresh premium gas.

1st problem, when installing the battery the wires crossed and now the instrument cluster is not working, is it blown or is there a fuse some where that i have not yet located also is their a way to test the instrument cluster?

2nd problem the engine will start but it will only idle, if i give it gas it seems to bog down, it almost seems as if the choke was on but its not?

i have new plugs and cleaned the fuel separator.

I also removed the carbs and cleaned and lubed them because the butterfly valves were gummed up, they work fine now, the choke and linkage appears to also be working fine. when i give it...
    Welcome

This is a carburetor engine, not fuel injection - correct?

Was the battery installed with polarity reversed? Positive cable to negative battery post, and vice-versa?

There is a fuse inside the electrical box for the MFI display. Replace with another 1/4 Amp fuse, not larger.

You cleaned the carbs - did you actually take them apart and clean them internally? If not, that needs to be done.

Also, if the original gray Tempo fuel lines are still in place, they should be replaced.

Are the correct NGK spark plugs installed?

Thread Information