Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Want to Buy a used RXP...what to look for?

I want to buy a used RXP. I was wondering if there is any differences between years? Is there anything i should look for in particular? Anyting i should ask?

Thanks for your help.

So if i am looking at a ski with close to 100 hours, i should keep in mind a rebuild for the supercharger?

How long do these engines usually last for? I know my ultra doesnt last as long as i would like it to.

Thanks

They did some engine updates for the '06 and up models and some more for the '08 and up models. If '07 or earler ski,ask if the ceramic washers were replaced. If the seller says they were then you need to check to make sure they were changed. I bought mine with 39 hrs on it and the seller said the ceramic washers were replaced. 4 hrs later I found out the hard way that they weren't.

Some guys have well over 200 hrs on their original engine. And the SC needs to be rebuild or upgraded at 100 hrs

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tchfall15 View Post
    I want to buy a used RXP....Is there anything i should look for in particular?
    Yes, look for a B.E.S.T. extended warranty that is transferrable into your name. Without that, I think you are taking a big gamble on any brand of these supercharged 4 strokes, unless of course you are a wrencher yourself, then it's not so big of a deal.

Thanks for your help. The RXP would be new to me, but im sure i would be able to figure it out after messing around with it and breaking it a couple times. I have rebuilt my ultra 150 several times. So i wouldnt consider myself a wrencher but i can get by.

Would it be worth the extra money to get the later models with the minor upgrades/differences? Or just make sure about the washers?
    Last edited by tchfall15; 07-19-2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: addition

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tchfall15 View Post
    Would it be worth the extra money to get the later models with the minor upgrades/differences? Or just make sure about the washers?
    Well that's the problem; you can't really know for sure if that previous owner had washer trouble or not, can you...?

trust me, your best bet is to get a 2008 or later model to avoid the ceramics completely, and get one with a a B.E.S.T. extended warranty that is transferrable into your name. These are high-performance 4 stroke systems, and they are very reliable; but without a warranty, if you drop a valve or lose a SC bearing, it can do a lot of damage and the cost of the parts alone can be in the thousands.

thanks for all your help. I think once i get one, i will rebuild the supercharger just as peace of mind.

I have an 04 RXP for sale, 67'ish hours on ski, NEW 2008 Supercharger installed at 53 hours. Green and Black.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0387.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	206270

Newbie here, can someone explain more on the ceramic washers, or point me in the right direction. Don't want to highjack this tread more than I did with this post. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dohcser View Post
    Newbie here, can someone explain more on the ceramic washers, or point me in the right direction. Don't want to highjack this tread more than I did with this post. Thanks

Read this:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-Metal-Washers

Jon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information