HELP! Sunk 1200, boggin 1300

so my friend made the mistake of taking my 1200(2000) with the drain plugs not screwed in and surely they got ripped off brought it back and it sank,needless to say i drained the ski flushed it with fresh water, sprayed it down with crc 6-56, took plugs out cranked and put fingers over holes to get compression pretty sure i got all of the water out of heads by doing this yet i put dry plugs in and it would crank over, my dad poured mystery oil into the heads he said over night it would dry out the water and we could crank it tomorow (please advise me what to do!) i spent so much money and my own time rebuilding this thing..............also my 06 1300r bogs at the the holeshot, once u get it going its perfect, but i know its not the waterbox because it just started happening i think it was when i was in low water it was mucky and i think the intake grate sucked something up but im not sure so i changed the plugs and sure as hell nothing changed help with that as well!

+1
    It's imperitive that you get the ski started ASAP. Marvel is great stuff, but it won't "dry out" the water. Get it started andl let the running engine displace the water with fuel/oil!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by morespeedplease View Post
    so my friend made the mistake of taking my 1200(2000) with the drain plugs not screwed in and surely they got ripped off brought it back and it sank,needless to say i drained the ski flushed it with fresh water, sprayed it down with crc 6-56, took plugs out cranked and put fingers over holes to get compression pretty sure i got all of the water out of heads by doing this yet i put dry plugs in and it would crank over, my dad poured mystery oil into the heads he said over night it would dry out the water and we could crank it tomorow (please advise me what to do!)
    It sounds like you already did this, but crank it for 30-second intervals w/o the plugs, wait a few minutes, then again. Repeat until no more water comes out of the cylinders, just gas/oil. Clean and dry off the plugs, put them back in, and also make sure the inside of the plug boots are dry (use compressed air). Get it started ASAP. You'll probably need to choke it more than normal, but once you do get it started, run it on the hose for 5-10 minutes. Then, get it back on the water and run it hard for about an hour (very important). This will help dry out the crank case.

In some cases of full immersion, you may get water in the carbs. If it continues to run rough, you should disassemble and dry out the carbs too.

-Boudin

Thread Information