checked by coast guard

was having some fun with my ski at the Southern Islands of Singapore, near Pulau Hantu last weekend. when going back from there to my marina i saw a boat following me at 2-3km distance. they were throwing a big bow wave and following me. never mind i thought, ski was going good at around 40 mph in the 2 ft chop. after 10 minutes or so i took a break to relax my hands and have a sip from the water bottle. the boat was still there, far behind, but getting closer. so when i finished my drink the boat turned out to be a singapore police coast guard cruiser, going near full blast to catch up with me. they stopped right next to me and a young officer came out and asked me where I was from. Germany I said, but judging from his expression he could not figure that I came from Germany to Singapore on the jet ski. So I told him I was cruising around P. Hantu. Next he asked me how fast this "thing" goes told him 50 mph...
    After checking my licence he told me to take care and not slip into Indonesian waters, as they would not be able to "help" me over there. Hahaha, sure they're concerned that i might take my freedom too far by going where I want to go. anyway, it was over in 3 minutes. they wished me "stay safe", then i hit the throttle and went off. it was awkward, i thought i had infringed one of the many "no-go" zones, but now i think they chased me more or less to find out how fast the ski could go. now they know that they won't be able to come anywhere near my ski if i don't want to let them.

i've been checked again today, this time because i was driving too slow. they thought i had engine trouble... actually i was looking at some birds in the mangroves and driving by in idle speed, so i would not disturb them. next time i want to go fishing there.
    should we be happy that the police coast guard is so pro-active over here?
    anyway, thanks police coast guard, just for being there!

Thread Information