Nothing like getting air, while sitting in a chair VonnerNIX's Avatar

93 700 VXR Pro Water Leaking

Hello all. I purchased a 93 700 VXR Pro in 2003 and it has been running flawlessly for years. In 97 it was upgraded by previous owner with all RIVA parts. He told me the only thing original was the engine block, everything else was upgraded.
    Anyway, I just dropped it in the water for the first ride of the season last week while at the lake and noticed that there was water accumulating in the hull. I have an aux bilge, so it kept pumping it out. It kicked on every 15-30 seconds and would run for a few seconds, then kick off again. I looked at the hull with it on the trailer and didn't see anything that would lead me to believe it is coming in through there. I checked the drain plugs and they looked okay and tight, nothing noticeable there either. This leaves me to figure out where it is coming from elsewhere. I used my hand to feel around the engine for water near connections, but not knowing what to look for I couldn't tell anything.

Does anyone have any initial thoughts of where this is coming from based on prior experiences?

Anybody have any suggestions of what it could be? I'm just curious of where to start looking.

I guess by the lack of responses that this isn't a common issue and I need to start digging.

i have a 94 vxr and i had a problem like it. on mine there is an oil guage down by me right foot that was covered by clear plastic. over the 10 plus years the ski has been around the glue under the clear plastic starts to let water in and evantualy it will fall off. i got rid of the oil injection on mine and use premix gas. so i have two holes by my right foot filled with silicone. hopefully this will help out a little. there are multiple points were water can easily get in this ski. try looking under seat were ride plate bolts come through or even put some weather stripping underneath the cargo bucket underneath seat(above battery). i know for a fact that isnt water tight.

Thread Information