Looking to get a new ski. Please help me decide..... fzr or 1300r?

Hey guys i am looking at getting a new ski. My current is a 99gp1200 with an r&d 5mm stroker in it. I have been out of the performance loop for a while now so dont know much of the current info. I have narrowed it down to two ski's. One is the 2008 gp1300r and the other is a 2009 fzr. Which would you recommend? I dont think i will be doing any engine mods to either but will probably just do the basics plate, impeller etc..... Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

+1
    well . . where do you ride ? ? lakes rivers ? ? / or the bay !! . . do u have a passenger with you? or are you looking to just speed around ? ? ? i have a gpr sho for sale . . (best of both worlds)

+1
    You can see who i'm more for , but its your riding condition and style thats most important.If its on the lake or river with flat water some boat chop and wakes for jumping, and I see you have gp 2- stroke exp. then GPR, If its off shore, the bay, ocean and you take long trips, then its FZR.In any mild chop or swells you know you have to ride that GPR standing up, that hull is light.IMHO

Thanks guys. I ride in salt water in the bay and then hit the ocean for some good waves. I ride standing up all the time. Wich ski is faster? Are the newer ski's as nimble being so large compared to what i own now? Wich of these two skis has better fuel economy? Where we ride we have a mix from glass to big waves in the ocean. I only ride by myself never any passangers.....hold ya down lol....

+1
    02 brought up a point, the GPR is REALLY a one person ski, even though holding capacity is 353lbs.But if its 100 lbs and curvey thats OK. Speed in the flats, well I smoked a bone stock FZR twice, but once they start adding boost ,intercooler,reflash uppitch prop, I think i'm in trouble.I rode the FZR a few times , I feel the GPR turns quicker and carves better. You mention ''nimble" , thats the perfect word for the GPR,thats why I at the last minute I pick it over the Kawa 250x

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fosgate99 View Post
    Thanks guys. I ride in salt water in the bay and then hit the ocean for some good waves. I ride standing up all the time. Wich ski is faster? Are the newer ski's as nimble being so large compared to what i own now? Wich of these two skis has better fuel economy? Where we ride we have a mix from glass to big waves in the ocean. I only ride by myself never any passangers.....hold ya down lol....
    i would go with an fzr with what you are saying here!! . . but that is my personal opinion!!!! u need to ride both where u usually ride to decide for your self !! best way to do it

shes a 100 and her boobs add another 20!so im good there! So i assume the gpr is better for waves then too. In the long run do you think the fzr would beat the gpr if modified? I really dont think i want to get back into the whole tuning scene and stuff again but if i happen to i would rather have the better platform to work with.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fosgate99 View Post
    shes a 100 and her boobs add another 20!so im good there! So i assume the gpr is better for waves then too. In the long run do you think the fzr would beat the gpr if modified? I really dont think i want to get back into the whole tuning scene and stuff again but if i happen to i would rather have the better platform to work with.
    well she passes coast guard regulation, seriously simple physics, the lighter the ski and the bigger b*lls you have the better air your going to get.But if you go into the 4-stroke section the mods there doing on the FZR, there hitting the 80s.The FZR is the one for you, and still got the GP for the glass right?

I'd rather be jet skiing Saltwater n Premix's Avatar
    +1
    Where r u located on the east end of LI?? Do I know you? Ps I personally haven't riden either ski but id have to say GPR!!

Thread Information