low compression front cylinder

Hey guys just checked comp. on all cylinders front 55 psi mid 118 back 122 this was checked when warm after riding. just wondering what thoughts might be. engine idles ok has lost very little performance. should i rebuild now or ride till winter. any info would be great.

There's a reason why comp. is that low. Check it out, running it might cost you more in the long run. If it's a burned piston you might get by with a new piston and a fix of whatever caused it to burn. Rebuild carbs, triple pump, new fuel lines. If that piston comes apart it could wipe out the cylinder, head, crank and cases. What are you running, year, size,ect?

running a 99 slx 1050 says it has 99 hrs its very clean engine looks like no one has messed with it I got it 3 weeks ago put a bat. in it ran great. I ran it 10 hrs now comp. dropping in front. prob just rebuild all 3 cyl

My 1200 did that! I just rebuilt my front cylinder and all is well. My cylinder appeared to be lacking oil so I ended up replacing the oil lines, purging the system. I bored the front 10 over and runs like a champ now! I wouldn't do all three at this point I would take the front apart and see if it can be honed, if not you should be able to just do that cylinder and be up and running for the rest of the season.

took apart front cyl. found the outside of piston melted and bott. ring broke cyl wall looks alittle scored can they be bored or do they need to be sleeved. does the melting mean it was running to lean,I couldnt see any signs of that , the plug looks real good any replys would be helpful

just had my cly honed now in need of oem piston,rings ect where is best place to spend my $$

Quote Originally Posted by STLRSFNMACK View Post
    just had my cly honed now in need of oem piston,rings ect where is best place to spend my $$
    I've purchased replacement pistons for my 1050 from Atlantic Jet Sports. If this links works, this is where you want to be. http://www.atlanticjetsports.com/wsm..._-_polaris.htm

Make sure you go through your fuel system to find out why it burnt in the first place. Good luck.

one more ? for you guys how much lft to rgt play should the rod have I can move it about 1/8 each way but its tight up & down, just wondering?

/Users/richmack/Desktop/2010-07-24 10.39.52.jpg

Thread Information