Riva ride plate shims?

Realizing that every rig is different... are people finding they are running shims with the riva plate on FZ's? Looking at the angles I'm guessing at least one if not two will be needed for handling in light chop... am I off base?

The channels would appear to add some straight line tracking and cornering bite.

Thanks!

I run the riva and stock plate with no shims. I do however have to shim my vx plate which i am currently running.

+1
    Not only does it need shims i think its to short as well it needs an 1inch added to i think

Quote Originally Posted by Mik72e View Post
    Not only does it need shims i think its to short as well it needs an 1inch added to i think
    I see you are a big fan of the WORX plate... tougher to get stateside and probably overkill for the water I usually run in.
    My understanding is that some CC racers like adding material increasing length (wetted surface) of their plates which essentially adds leverage holding the bow down at the cost of a little drag-much the same as adding shims. My experience to date has been that race tuned skis aren't necessarily the best suited for the variety of conditions experienced by non-racers but I've been wrong before.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by eleventenths View Post
    I see you are a big fan of the WORX plate... tougher to get stateside and probably overkill for the water I usually run in.
    My understanding is that some CC racers like adding material increasing length (wetted surface) of their plates which essentially adds leverage holding the bow down at the cost of a little drag-much the same as adding shims. My experience to date has been that race tuned skis aren't necessarily the best suited for the variety of conditions experienced by non-racers but I've been wrong before.
    Agree with the above statement with race skis but i was out on the weekend with FZR N he ran the R&D plate i ran the RIVA plate cruising at 50mph in medium chop the RIVA plate was harder work and came un hooked every no and then but its turns better at high speed the R&D feels loose so addding the little lenght would be an awesome ride plate in my view for social riding.

I would nt say i am a big fan of the WORX plate its a hand brake piece of junk i ve have spent weekend shaving material off it to get the plate to work and still testing its going to cost me more time and labour than what the plate is worth but i ll get there.

Thread Information