Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Jet Draft Inter-Cooler

I was getting ready to purchase the JD intercooler and I cannot find it in Jerry's store or on the JD site. What's the answer.

I think I heard there was a huge backorder due to the quantity or orders. May have something to do with it.

+1
    Well worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by robk View Post
    Well worth the wait.
    Waiting is OK, but, it does not seem as though you can now enter an order.

+1
    Shoot JD-1 and jfizzle a PM. See what the deal is. The intercooler is bad ass, if you can get your hands on one. And the install is a breeze compared to others.

+1
    As an example, I was out yesterday testing out my ski. I did 4 WOT runs and experienced no loss in rpms with his intercooler. It works really well! Plus Dan is great to deal with.....in my opinion.

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    I think I heard there was a huge backorder due to the quantity or orders. May have something to do with it.
    LOL.

Go with the Riva one. Minus the BOV, it comes with everything you need. Cooling lines, Billet Strainer, fittings etc. It's more money but once you see the quality, you can't go wrong. Plus no waiting forever.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by poof100 View Post
    LOL.

Go with the Riva one. Minus the BOV, it comes with everything you need. Cooling lines, Billet Strainer, fittings etc. It's more money but once you see the quality, you can't go wrong. Plus no waiting forever.
    You're implying that JD kit is not quality??? The JD IC comes with everything you need as well and I installed mine in less than 2 hours.

Don't you have to pull the intake manifold and disconnect the reverse linkage to get the Riva kit in? I thought I read that somewhere but didn't know if maybe other people had an easier time.

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    You're implying that JD kit is not quality??? The JD IC comes with everything you need as well and I installed mine in less than 2 hours.

Don't you have to pull the intake manifold and disconnect the reverse linkage to get the Riva kit in? I thought I read that somewhere but didn't know if maybe other people had an easier time.

I never said the JD1 IC wasn't quality. I was talking about the Riva cooler ONLY in terms of Quality of the unit plus everything that is included. The JD1 IC kit doesn't include the Billet strainer among some other pieces that are missing. The upgraded cooling kit is also piece meal, not a complete kit. I'm sure the JD IC kit is of great quality, I should know, I had one on order and got tired of waiting among "other" things and went with the Riva one.

Is the Riva IC a bitch to install, sure you have to take off a lot to get it installed. However, the quality is top notch and again, the kit comes with everything you need. Plus it's in stock and available for install within a few days.

You will have to pull the manifold for any IC kit if you plan on taping one of the bosses for the blow off valve, so that's not just for the Riva kit.

Both kits will do what you ask of them, however only one is available and is a very nice piece.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    I would buy stuff from Dan............. If I could get ahold of him!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information