Dialed in! 1998 GP 1200, finally...

Used/correct pump installed (thanks GH classifieds), Solas XO, R&D Grate, Pro-Tec Plate, and back to QSTS with the stock 5 degree nozzle and stock steering nozzle...

Took it out for 15 minutes right before sunset and I am grinning ear to ear! Thanks for all the guidance everyone. The ski is where I expected it to be when I bought it, finally.

Two quick questions:
    1) If I stick the Pro-Tec extended nozzle back on there, what will that do for the acceleration and handling? Anything?

2) A couple times, it chocked down to nil when I pinned it from a stand still. I had about a half a tank of gas. It came right back by letting off and accelerating again. Any thoughts on this issue?

I've been out dialing in too. Others call it "riding". I call it work.

I looked into ProTec extended nozzle years ago. I seem to recall Protec saying it doesn't help with top speed. It's for handling - cornering/steering. A racing add-on. At the time I was doing slalom and was interested.

Have you rebuilt your carbs recently? Checked fuel filters? That may iron out the holeshot inconsistancies.

Quote Originally Posted by catzodellamarina View Post
    I've been out dialing in too. Others call it "riding". I call it work.

I looked into ProTec extended nozzle years ago. I seem to recall Protec saying it doesn't help with top speed. It's for handling - cornering/steering. A racing add-on. At the time I was doing slalom and was interested.

Have you rebuilt your carbs recently? Checked fuel filters? That may iron out the holeshot inconsistancies.
    Good call on the fuel filter. I'll change that out for good measure and go for new spark plugs too. I'll be riding a lot this weekend. If it doesn't clear up, I'll look into send the carbs to Bill.

+1
    What did you do with the other pump ?

I have it sitting in my Toy Box, but I'm not so sure it's the prized 148mm Skat Trak pump. I feel as though it could be a pump from another craft. I'll get some pics of it.

Thread Information