Jacko

Best price for a FXSHO

Hi guys, i am new to this forum. In NZ SHO's cost an arm and a leg and reading all your threads I just need to get one. I have some mates going to Havasu for the worlds later in the year and thought that they could bring back a SHO to NZ for me. Any idea where the best place to buy is and the lowest cost. There must be some end of season specials going on. Also is there any way of avoiding your sales tax or other applied costs as the ski will still be in the box and directly exported?
    I would prefer new but would consider a really low hours late model ski. The problem is that I won't be able to view it etc. What is the best place to see what is around?

Any feedback or recomendations gratefully accepted.

Cheers Jacko

Welcome to the forum, just curious what do they cost in New Zealand?

Jacko
    Thank you for the very warm welcome. The prices of SHO's in NZ range from around $22,500 for a new 2008 ski excluding trailer to $27,000 for a 2010 with trailer. From October our tax goes up from 12.5% to 15% so that will make it worse. So you can see why I am keen to look at importing a ski. I have been looking around on the web and it looks like prices vary considerably. Lowest to date is a 2009 at $8,999US so I am making progress and getting a good feel for costs and locations.
    Cheers
    Jacko

+1
    i got my 2009 SHO for 9499 w/o a trailer from Leaders in Michigan. Haven't seen a price that low in a while though. i bought it in the winter.

Jacko
    Many thanks for your feedback MiniChunks- most helpful as it shows that I am on the right track and confirms that pricing is pretty close to the mark. I can now use a value of around $9K for my purchase price for budgeting and will now work on all the other costs to achieve my goal. I hope to pull all this together with a target of purchasing around September. Mid winter your time should be a very good time to buy ass you hav econfirmed with delivery to NZ before Christmas (if possile).
    Cheers Jacko

Thread Information