Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Where to get fuel pump/rebuild

    Guys,

    I need to rebuild or replace the fuel pump on my 1997 SLT 780. I am redoing the entire fuel system after burning a piston. I can't find a rebuild kit for the pump. Apparently it has been dicontinued by Polaris. Anyone know where I can find a rebuild kit or can I put some sort of aftermarket fuel pump on it?

    Thanks,

    Todd


  2. #2
    ujustlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Howell Michigan
    Posts
    1,597
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by toddkageals View Post
    Guys,

    I need to rebuild or replace the fuel pump on my 1997 SLT 780. I am redoing the entire fuel system after burning a piston. I can't find a rebuild kit for the pump. Apparently it has been dicontinued by Polaris. Anyone know where I can find a rebuild kit or can I put some sort of aftermarket fuel pump on it?

    Thanks,

    Todd
    Hey Todd, you can get rebuild kits on ebay. The Winderosa kits cost less than $10. Mike

  3. #3
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    I'd get the genuine Mikuni rebuild kit from Sharp's Marine for a few bucks more.

  4. #4
    Cliffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK,
    Posts
    566
    I got mine off the shelf in the uk no worries direct from a minkuni supplier about 16bucks

  5. #5
    Guys,

    Thanks for the responses. Maybe I have been searching for the wrong thing. Is there a model or something that I use to identify the pump. As far as I can see it does not say anything on it.....not even Mikuni.

  6. #6
    ujustlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Howell Michigan
    Posts
    1,597
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by toddkageals View Post
    Guys,

    Thanks for the responses. Maybe I have been searching for the wrong thing. Is there a model or something that I use to identify the pump. As far as I can see it does not say anything on it.....not even Mikuni.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MIKUN...s#ht_500wt_726

    Not sure if the link will work, but here it is. As mentioned above, the Mikuni brand is available but not sure how much. So there are a couple options for you.

  7. #7
    Thanks for the link. I can't locate the Mikuni brand locally so I need to find it on-line. If I can't I will get the Winderosa (thanks for the link). Any idea where I can get the Mikuni on-line? I see lots of kits and even new pumps but none of them seem to match the pump that's in there now. Oh....it does say Mikuni on the pump....had to clean the grease off to see it.

  8. #8
    ujustlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Howell Michigan
    Posts
    1,597
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by toddkageals View Post
    Thanks for the link. I can't locate the Mikuni brand locally so I need to find it on-line. If I can't I will get the Winderosa (thanks for the link). Any idea where I can get the Mikuni on-line?
    Refer to post #3, I believe Xlint89 just bought one from them so maybe he has the price for you as well or just go to your local power sports dealer and have them order it from marshal or parts unlimited or something. I use winderosa so I have never really looked for them online.

  9. #9
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Actually just bought 2 of them from Sharp's for $15 a piece.


    Mikuni DF 62 rebuild kit

    Sharp's Marine
    (315) 343-6513

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Actually just bought 2 of them from Sharp's for $15 a piece.


    Mikuni DF 62 rebuild kit

    Sharp's Marine
    (315) 343-6513

    This is not the right kit
    The SLT780 does not use the DF62 pump
    Polaris has kits available for the stock pump 3085176 and they are in stock

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-05-2017, 03:54 PM
  2. Fuel Pump Rubber Bushing ... where to get it ??
    By PWCGUY in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-31-2015, 06:21 AM
  3. where to get 250x pump mod done in CNJ or jersey shore
    By robby212 in forum Jersey Riders
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-13-2013, 08:02 AM
  4. Where to get fuel line?
    By MilleniumGPR in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 07:14 AM
  5. Where to get an 05 Pump kit?
    By Super in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 08:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •