Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

R&D adjustable cam gears!

who else got the e mail?! Look NICE:

New Product Release
    R&D YAMAHA FZ/FZR/SHO

PRO TUNE

ADJUSTABLE CAM GEAR KIT

PART # 612-93008

R&D’s Racing Cam Gear kit allows a huge boost in overall horsepower to be gained by custom tuning the camshafts LCA (lobe separation angle) set up. Tuning the LCA with R&D Pro Tune Cam Gears can add 200-300 RPM’s, increased boost pressure, and 2-3 MPH to your existing engine package. Adjusting the camshafts LCA is a very simple “BOLT IN” modification with the R&D Pro Tune Adjustable Cam Gear Kit. Understanding the LCA concept principle is fairly easy. A wide LCA like found in the SHO and FZR will generally result in decreased valve overlap, later intake events, earlier exhaust events, and high intake manifold pressures which produce great idle, smooth accelerating with mild low and top end power. Wide LCA’s are great for school buses and soccer mom vans.

However, if strong mid range pull and top end horsepower is what you’re looking for, then a narrower LCA will need to be generated. The R&D Pro Tune Cam Gear Kit allows the LCA (lobe separation) to be adjusted narrower which will generate increased valve overlap, earlier intake events, and later exhaust events. Resulting in snappier throttle response, increased mid range and top end power and more boost. Why spend big money on optional camshaft kits (i.e. 1800 N.A. cams) that have proven to offer too narrow of LCA compromising idle tune? Buy the R&D Pro Tune Cam Gears designed specifically to improve overall power at a fraction of the cost and provide an optimum overall tune. The R&D Cam Gear Kit offers four possible LCA combinations that allow the cams to be tuned depending on the type of riding or racing and type of fuel. In fact, R&D has built a specific engine designated for degreeing, checking and proving camshaft specifications. Depend on the Pro’s at R&D to deliver all your horsepower needs.

• Aggressive throttle response, increased overall horsepower
    • Increased rpm performance (+200-300 RPM Gain)
    • Boost Pressure Increase (+1 pound)
    • 15-25 Horsepower Increase
    • Precision CNC Billet/Ground Cam Gears (lighter than stock)
    • R&D R1, R2, and R3 ECU Compatible
    • Works well with R&D Cam Regrind and Valve Spring Kit upgrades
    • Easy installation
    • Bolt on Higher Horsepower Upgrade
    NOTE: R&D has determined that the O.E.M LCA is a WIDE 120 degrees stock, with an intake cam lobe center of 122.5 degrees. Considering the LCA timing facts, using the R&D Pro Tune Cam Gears to tune the cams will generate huge performance power gains. R&D has found in testing that a 2.5 degree LCA change will act similar to a 1 pound boost addition. Tests have proven that an R&D C1 or C3 compressor wheel and a 7 degree LCA change can have the same performance advantages as a 15 pound compressor wheel. Call R&D for constant power upgrade information as we are constantly at work looking for more.
    Retail $199.95

Order here
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1535

+1
    So no additional tuning required for these? Need much more info. Sounds great from the description, but most parts do sound great in the manufacturer's write-ups.

I won't be getting them anytime soon.

Billet/ground cam gears - The OEM gears are heat treated and I'll wait to see if these hold up and are worth it.

"similar to a 1 pound boost addition" - Not worth it IMO at least right now.

Ya'll need to go take a look at what Riva has added today!

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    I won't be getting them anytime soon.

Billet/ground cam gears - The OEM gears are heat treated and I'll wait to see if these hold up and are worth it.

"similar to a 1 pound boost addition" - Not worth it IMO at least right now.

A boost clamp. That was discussed back in 2008 but people were too afraid to try it!!

Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    A boost clamp. That was discussed back in 2008 but people were too afraid to try it!!

Who'd thought right?

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Who'd thought right?
    Yea crazy huh. I did see they added the H1 SC and cams...... Would like to see the cam card on those.

Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Yea crazy huh. I did see they added the H1 SC and cams...... Would like to see the cam card on those.
    That's exactly what I thought. Wonder how close they are to HO Cams

+1

And where would I find that since their site is such a pain in the ass to navigate. Is there a way to just see all the SHO parts in one place or do I have to hunt through all the sections and look for them?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    And where would I find that since their site is such a pain in the ass to navigate. Is there a way to just see all the SHO parts in one place or do I have to hunt through all the sections and look for them?
    DITTO that!

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post

Under watercraft | New Riva Products

http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/NewProducts_40.asp

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information