Newby with a 4-tech supercharger question.

I am sure this will make some of you angry because this has been posted somewhere but, we just bought an 04 GTX SC with 69 hours. After spending about 10 minutes on here I have quickly realized that there is a need for changing the ceramic washers. Couple of questions.

1. This ski has no mods nor will it have any. We ride in the local lake not have waves of 3 feet. Like to hit the top end though. Should we still change the washers out?

2. I have seen most threads indicating that superchargers are good after rebuild for only 100+ hours. Is this the case? If we might be getting rid of this thing and going to a NA engine. We can put 150 a year on these things easy.

Thank you in advance for you help.

Madison, Ohio
    You should get the washers out of there as soon as possible. Sea-Doo reccomends a full supercharger rebuild every 100 hours, so you can either do that now, or just do the washers, and then a full rebuild at the 100 hour mark. It sucks, but its a small price to pay for all the fun you will have.

It really depends on you and your intended useage. I have two skiis. One is supercharged and my wife's is not. While hers certainly requires less maintenance, every time I ride it I can't wait to get back on mine. I love the performance that a supercharged ski gives so for me its worth the price of admission.

Lafayette, La
    I would take the SC off as soon as possible and send it to Jerry to replace the ceramic washers. I'd hate to ride around on a NA ski once I've been on mine. Just to see the difference you could pull the SC pipe leaving the SC and just let the ski pull air from behind the engine. It won't hurt anything and you'll get to see what it would be like NA.

Thread Information