Thread: Mini Season

Mini Season

Just curious if any of the south Florida riders are going lobstering next week??? I have never even fished off my waverunner but was thinking about trying this.

St. Louis, MO - Miami, FL
    If you get any response for forming a group, I'd love to go. I'm sure there are some Veteran guys around here who can offer some advice. I "H E A R D" of a good spot and know the location, but being a novice, I'm definietly not going without anyone experienced. (Open Water 1 certified, but no personal equipment: Just snorkel, mask and fins)

Hopefully you'll get some additional responses. . .

I was hoping to snorkle for them myself. Everything I have been reading says it might be safer to wait til regular lobster season. But if a group is going I would not mind going.

I'd love to go and was looking into it a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, it looks like all the hotels in the keys are Either full and/or have doubled their rates. It sounds like a blast, but I don't wasn't to get raped with these kind of prices for lodging. I may come down for the regular season and give it a try.

Sent from my EVO Droid

Neptune Beach FL

Lobster fishing in the keys

We just returned from the opening week of Lobster fishing. Its always too expensive to go during mini season. We go every year at the start. This year there were not as many people as we thought would be there. We dive and snorkel right from our hondas. I have a rack that I set up for fishing and lobster catching. We did really well this year and were able to catch enough to eat for every night we were there. We stay at the Kingsail, located at mi marker 57 in Marathon. They have a ramp, docks, cleaning station, and a great breakfast place across the street called the wooden spoon. Single room there runs about 89.00 a night. Also check out the place next door for stay, Coconut Cay resort, same amenities, and prices.[COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 0)"][/COLOR]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Lobster slaying sled.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	210900   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yum yum fresh lobsta!.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	210901  

nice catch

Thread Information