Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polaris pro 785 water outlets

Hi All

First of all I'd just like to say hi to everyone I'm new to this forum and recently purchased a Polaris pro 785 1997. The ski is completely stock and in very good condition.

I've got a question though regarding the three water outlets on the front of the ski, when flushing from a hose should all three be working? When I flush the engine non of them work do I need to leave the engine running and let it get warm first?

The ski runs brilliantly and starts without hesitation even from cold.

When I was out on it this weekend I noticed only one was working. I wasn't on the ski long 10 mins because of bad weather. Could sea weed have blocked an inlet? Any information would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Matt

+1
    they will not flow water out of them on a hose but in the water they must flow water from them do not ride it until you get water out of them .Strap it to the trailer and run it in the water at the launch it will take a little throttle to get them to flow . can you post a pic of the pipes and water routing under the hood .

Hi thanks, pictures are attached.

Definately only one was working in the water, I didn't get any overheat warning lights.

Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG2769.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	175.0 KB 
ID:	206380   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG2771.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	163.8 KB 
ID:	206379   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG2770.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	192.8 KB 
ID:	206381   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG2768.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	186.7 KB 
ID:	206382   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG2767.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	162.5 KB 
ID:	206383  

+1
    Nice clean looking ski....Welcome to GH.

Make sure there isn't any blockage in the lines between the pipes and the outlets (Between 25 and 26 in diagram). If they're clear check the water feed lines between the red water manifold (#20) and the pipes .

You also need to update the water routing to the stingers.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	785Watermod_0020.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	206393   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4125B010.Gif.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	206394  

Hi Tony thanks for your help. I'll take a look tonight. One thing I did notice when I was examining the exhaust the underside of the lower two the paint had bubbled slightly. I'm assuming this won't be anything to do with it. i.e pipes corroded internally? Are they stainless steel?

Anyway I'll remove all the rubber hosing tonight.

Thanks for sending me the water routing plan also. I've checked the jetworks site which valve do I need? Also do I have to change the pipe sizes or does this mod use the stock? I haven't looked properly yet and compared the plan with my ski.

Thanks again.

+1
    There maybe strainers in the brass fittings that are going out to the pissers remove one and see they might be clogged uo .

Thanks Lugs I'll take a look tonight and report back.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    had this happen to me as well.the pump screen got blown out (i jb weld them in now)and hydrilla got into the smaller brass restictors at the manifold and stopped water flow thru one pipe.looks like your manifold is red and has 6 brass fittings.the pipe feeds are .125 " and can get stopped up

+1
    you can also take a blow gun and shoot the air up the pisser and see if if goes through without any restriction just be carefull so you don't put to much air in there and crush the pipe

Hi all

Sorry for the slow reply been putting in some serious hours in at work. I managed to get some time in the garage tonight and checked all the pipes at the top end around the exhaust everything was clear. The restrictors where clear also.

I checked the pissers and they are ok too, blew air down all of them no probs. So my next job is to check the pipes around the manifold as you suggested.

I'm goimng to get my head into the water routing you suggested, cant figure out which jetworks valve I need though any info would be appreciated. Think what I'll do is put a 'how to' list together of how I interpret the diagram for you to look at. When I do the mod I'll take pics so you can see how it's going. One thing that has me scratching my head is the milling into the end of the water manifold and how its done.

I'm going to scotland in a few weeks (14 aug) and was hoping to take my ski with me, it may be that that the mod isn't done before then. What do you guys think is this risky? I've done some research since you posted this mod and understand why it needs to be done. Just time isn't on my side with this one. I'm thinking if I do take it pre mod and make sure I blip the engine a few times once it out of the water and keep the ski level I should be ok? Please let me know what you think.

Really appreciate your advice and hope I can give something back to this site over time.

Matt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information