need more hp

Hii I'm new (96 XP)

Hey guys,

My name is Michele and I have been riding rec seadoos for 10 years. I just recently got my XP back on the lake and I want to make it a little faster but I dont know how. When I wrench im wrenching on my car, so although I know about motors Im new when it comes to the PWC motor.

here's a pic of my pwc:

and me:

Any advice would be great thanks guys!

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to GH! Easy mods you can do are things like a prop. it depends on how you want to ride; holeshot vs top end. you can add reduction nozzles after the prop for a bit of speed also. if you can turn a wrench you can add flame arrestors and a rejet kit for snappier throttle response....it all depends on how involved you want to get.

need more hp
    thanks for the response. ultimately i'd like a little more top end. where do you guys buy most your parts from/at? sorry for being such a noob :/

also, my VTS gauge and speedometer both dont work... is this a common issue? any troubleshooting tips?

I figure you ride Lake Mead? My family goes out of Callville Bay. I used to own a 1996 XP also. Here is a pic:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image279s.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	206424

Some good gains would be installing flame arresters instead of running the big black air box, Solas XO prop, and a 85/88 nozzle system.

Robert (96XPSS on here) can help you out a lot more.

Check out ProShop Marine (www.proshoplv.com). Jon is the mechanic there and can help you out.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSPM1chele View Post
    thanks for the response. ultimately i'd like a little more top end. where do you guys buy most your parts from/at? sorry for being such a noob :/

also, my VTS gauge and speedometer both dont work... is this a common issue? any troubleshooting tips?
    most parts here are swapped from members unless you want to buy new. if your looking for a prop you can look as skat-trac http://www.skat-trak.com/watercraft.html and nozzles from R&D http://www.rd-performance.com/catalo...20and%20Wedges you can also find a lot more parts here also. granted they are more expensive new but you can also search the classifieds here

as for the VTS...does it work? by that I mean does the motor move and the nozzle move up and down. if it does you may just have a bad gauge if not you have a bad VTS motor or housing. as for the speedo...im not sure those things ever worked I know mine doesnt. I wouldnt worry about that but if you do there is a little black box with a wheel in it on your ride plate. replace that and you will probably have a working spedo again

Thread Information