Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RXP-x SC slip

+1

RXP-x SC slip

I know everyone is going to say search but..... Where is the thread that shows the procedure for checking the s/c slip. I have searched and I cant seem to find what the slip spec is supposed to be for a rxpx. For some reason when I search the results show up all messed up. I dunno but any help would be appreciated!!!

Banned User
    +1
    i prefer the take it off, put it on the tool, and check the slip method..... slip for a stock "broke in" x charger is supposed to be between 71-97 INCH pounds as per the shop manual page 60.

This is my place of Zenn smohammed's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by boosted-delslow View Post
    I know everyone is going to say search but..... Where is the thread that shows the procedure for checking the s/c slip. I have searched and I cant seem to find what the slip spec is supposed to be for a rxpx. For some reason when I search the results show up all messed up. I dunno but any help would be appreciated!!!
    +1 having trouble finding that thread for the longest time :/

I have searched for it as well. I really need to check the slip on my x charger after putting 10 hours on it.
    Anybody that can help us find the thread?

Banned User
    +1
    i looked for it and couldnt find it either. have you guys tried to check it and are getting confused at a certain point or don't want to even try to tackle it w/o the how to?
    in real basic terms lacking all the fine detail and pictures to check it on the ski:
    1. valve cover off
    2. all hose's off to provide access to the SCer air inlet
    3-4. towards the rear part of the head you'll see where there is a hole approx. 1/4" wide. thats where you can put your 1/4" extension in to lock the cam. you'll have to turn the motor over by putting a 17mm socket on the nut INSIDE the SCer inlet and using a ratchet and extension turn the nut COUNTER clockwise as you apply light pressure to the 1/4" extension you have in the hole in the head. once the extension falls into place your cam is locked and you can check slip.
    5. check slip using a torque wrench (i prefer INCH pound torque wrench) in the same nut you were using to turn the motor over. (in the same COUNTER clockwise direction) if the wrench is clicking keep turning up the pressure, once the nut "slips" and your torque wrench doesn't click then wa-la thats your slip.

like i said very basic, not a lot of fine details but you get the basic point. hope that helps somewhat

Is the valve cover gasket reuseable? That is a 17mm nut in there? Imagined it to be smaller. That is big.

+1
    valve cover gasket lasts 'forever' ... great rubber gasket that I don't think most people ever need to replace.

+1
    Cant I just use a piece of wood to jam the impeller? Like stick a broom handle in there?

+1
    That's what I do^^^^^^^

I have heard of the broomstick method also. I have a stock RXP-X also and looking to just make sure I don't have excessive slip so the remove supercharger to get 100% accurate readings aren't necessary. I am now suck between the manual suggested maintenance of remove valve cover or the broomstick method.

Anyone use the broomstick and have trouble? I assume this is broomstick through the outlet or inlet?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information